March Weekend Staverton Park & Daventry hotels

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
LozCooper

March Weekend Staverton Park & Daventry hotels

Post by LozCooper » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm sure I won't be the only person ringing up the hotels this week so I thought I'd let people know that both hotels are fully booked on the Saturday night (26th March). Staverton Park are operating a waiting list in case there are any cancellations but Daventry aren't.

Good luck to any late bookers (like me :oops: )

Alex Holowczak

Re: March Weekend Staverton Park & Daventry hotels

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:11 pm

LozCooper wrote:I'm sure I won't be the only person ringing up the hotels this week so I thought I'd let people know that both hotels are fully booked on the Saturday night (26th March). Staverton Park are operating a waiting list in case there are any cancellations but Daventry aren't.

I have a place on the Staverton Park waiting list; I was 19th on the list 3 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything from them. So I don't think you're going to get in to Staverton...

Alan Walton

Post by Alan Walton » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 pm

We originally only got 3 rooms when we booked around the 22nd Feb, and then went on the waiting list for 4 more, we only found out that we had got our extra rooms last week (17th March)

Our second team are staying at the Barcelo, we got our original quota, but from what I have been told there is no chance of getting extra room there which we need

On another side note I will advise that at the Hinckley weekend on the Saturday, we all know the Venue is fully booked, so my dad checked around at the other hotels nearby, and there is very little availability left, we were told there are only 19 rooms left at the Premier Inn, and if booking multiple rooms you have to stump up the total cost before you arrive

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Only a game on Saturday is there?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alan Walton

Post by Alan Walton » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:03 pm

It is all weekend, but Saturday night seems to be full nearly everywhere in the Hinckley locality

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Alan Walton wrote:It is all weekend, but Saturday night seems to be full nearly everywhere in the Hinckley locality
Ah ok, the web site only shows 7 rounds listed and no Sunday?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Alan Walton wrote:It is all weekend, but Saturday night seems to be full nearly everywhere in the Hinckley locality
Ah ok, the web site only shows 7 rounds listed and no Sunday?
Division 1 and 2 changes after round 7. The top 4 from the two divisions 1 merge to form pool c, and the bottom 4 merge to form 1d. The same happens in Division 2. The merged pools then have 4 more games starting from Round 8 - against the teams from the other pool they haven't played yet.

The reason there are no matches for round 8 is because the top 4 haven't been determined yet. Therefore, it's impossible to print any fixtures.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks for clarification as I might even show up on Sunday for a gander but depends on the weather I have to say
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 am

LozCooper wrote:I'm sure I won't be the only person ringing up the hotels this week so I thought I'd let people know that both hotels are fully booked on the Saturday night (26th March). Staverton Park are operating a waiting list in case there are any cancellations but Daventry aren't.

It sounds like there are plenty of rooms being released by captains at both hotels so if anyone looking for a room it's well worth a phone call.