Page 1 of 3

4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm
by LozCooper
Fixtures for Saturday 26th March:

Division One:

Section A

Warwickshire Select 1 (2) vs. Pride & Prejudice (12)
Cheddleton 1 (6) vs. Barbican 4NCL 1 (9)
Betsson.com (9) vs. ADs (5)
Pandora's Box Grantham (0) vs. WGHK 2 (5)

Section B

WGHK 1 (12) vs. e2e4.org.uk 1 (10)
Guildford-ADC (6) 1 vs. Oxford 1 (6)
White Rose 1 (7) vs. Sambuca Sharks (0)
Cambridge University 1 (5) vs. Barbican 4NCL 2 (2)

Division Two:

Section A

White Rose 2 (5) vs. Barbican 4NCL Youth (10)
Rhyfelwyr Essyllwg (7) vs. Jutes of Kent (7)
Anglian Avengers 1 (7) vs. Poisoned Pawns 2 (2)
Cambridge University 2 (6) vs. South Wales Dragons (4)

Section B

Guildford-ADC 2 (9) vs. 3Cs 1 (2)
AMCA Dragons (7) vs. Bristol 1 (10)
Poisoned Pawns 1 (7) vs. Sambuca Black Sheep (1)
Kings Head (5) vs. Wessex 1 (7)

Division 3:

Wessex 2 (10) vs. Oxford 2 (10)
Warwickshire Select 2 (8) vs. Celtic Tigers 1 (10)
Brown Jack (9) vs. The Full Ponty (8)
The Rookies (8) vs. KJCA Kings (8)
Braille Chess Assoc (8) vs. e2e4.org.uk 2 (8)
Bristol 2 (7) vs. FCA Solutions 1 (8)
Gloucestershire Gambits (7) vs. Anglian Avengers 2 (7)
Hackney (7) vs. Sussex Smart Controls (7)
AMCA Rhinos (6) vs. e2e4.org.uk 3 (6)
Channel Isolani (6) vs. Guildford A&DC 3 (6)
Halesowen (6) vs. British Universities CA (6)
3Cs 2 (5) vs. Iceni (6)
Guildford A&DC 4 (5) vs. FCA Solutions 2 (4)
e2e4.org.uk 4 (4) vs. Metropolitan (4)
AMCA Hippos (4) vs. Celtic Tigers 2 (4)
UCL (3) vs. SCS (2)
Oxford 3 (3) vs. KJCA Knights (2)
Bristol 3 (0) vs. Banbury Bulldogs (2)

Northern League:

De Vere Wychwood Park (near Crewe)

Jorvik (6) vs. Bradford DCA Knights A (11)
Spirit of Atticus (10) vs. Holmes Chapel (9)
Bradford DCA Knights B (4) vs. Cheddleton 2 (8)
Aigburth (0) vs. Manchester Manticores (0)

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm
by Joey Stewart
Can we do predictions here too. I would like to predict a healthy win for Bristol 1 - perhaps 5.5-2.5 might be too optimistic, but I think it if I were a betting man I would bet a pound and a pinch of salt on them.

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm
by Mike W. Richardt
Joey Stewart wrote:Can we do predictions here too. I would like to predict a healthy win for Bristol 1 - perhaps 5.5-2.5 might be too optimistic, but I think it if I were a betting man I would bet a pound and a pinch of salt on them.

lol, I wonder who you play for!!! :?:
But I predict a nice win for Bristol as well!!

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 pm
by Mark Howitt
I predict White Rose will give 'the sharks' a sound beating!

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:04 am
by LozCooper
It's worth mentioning (although 4ncl regulars will know anyway) that after round 7 Divisions 1 and 2 split into a Championship/Promotion and Relegation Pool. The top four from Sections A & B join the Championship/Promotion Pool & the bottom four join the Relegation Pool. Each team will carry forward their results against teams in the same pool and then play matches against the four teams that join them.

Division 1 Section A has three teams who have already qualified and the fourth place will be between The ADs, Cheddleton & WGHK 2, while section B is any two from White Rose, Guildford, Oxford & Cambridge.

Division Two A has one certain qualifier and three teams on 7 who could be caught/overtaken by Cambridge & White Rose while the B section has 1 qualifier and Guildford on 9, AMCA, Poisoned Pawns & Wessex on 7 and Kings Head on 5 all in with a chance.

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 am
by Ben Purton
Clocks going forward = the Sharks in big trouble, thats like 1/3rd of most of my teams sleep.

Ben

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:35 pm
by KMcCarthy
Surprise surprise !!!

Just been offered 2 twins at the venue for Sat night by DeVeres ...a few hours after booking a alternative non-cancellable rooms 15 miles away :oops:

Anyone still needing then get in quick

Kev

(Predicting WGHK2 7 -1 PBG)
(ALSO PREDICTING TUMBLEWEED ON SAMBUCAS SUNDAY MORNING BOARDS) :mrgreen:

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 pm
by Joey Stewart
I am not sure I like this idea of the top teams only carrying forward results against the other tops. It is not right that the good wins against the bottom feeders be discounted, and conversely, if the struggling sides are denied their nice wins against the top end (a feat worthy of some recognition for a side on bad form) then you further disadvantage them in the playoff pools.

Wouldnt it be nicer if the teams were allowed to carry forward their best results (I.E. the 6-2 wins and suchforth) to the promotion and relegation pools - then nobody would lose out.

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 pm
by Alex Holowczak
Joey Stewart wrote:I am not sure I like this idea of the top teams only carrying forward results against the other tops. It is not right that the good wins against the bottom feeders be discounted, and conversely, if the struggling sides are denied their nice wins against the top end (a feat worthy of some recognition for a side on bad form) then you further disadvantage them in the playoff pools.

Wouldnt it be nicer if the teams were allowed to carry forward their best results (I.E. the 6-2 wins and suchforth) to the promotion and relegation pools - then nobody would lose out.
You misunderstand the conception of the idea.

Basically, there are 16 teams.

Round 1 - 2 pools of 8. APA, 7 rounds. The top 4 in each pool qualify for the next round.
Round 2 - 1 pool of 8. APA, 7 rounds. To save replaying 3 matches you played in Round 1, those results get carried forward, and you play everyone you haven't played yet.

That's the basic principle; the same is applied to the relegation games.

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:32 pm
by Sean Hewitt
I've got a room that is now spare at Barcelo for the Saturday night. If anyone wants it please let me know as I shall be cancelling it at 12 noon sharp!

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 am
by Alan Walton
Sean Hewitt wrote:I've got a room that is now spare at Barcelo for the Saturday night. If anyone wants it please let me know as I shall be cancelling it at 12 noon sharp!
My dad had another call from Staverton last night saying there were another three singles rooms come available, he also chatted with the woman as well, and she said this was one team who had overbooked 3 rooms :? , personally this is a joke, maybe teams should be restricted to 8 single rooms at discounted rate if they only have one team, this would definitely stop overbooking if the have to pay the full whack instead

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:14 am
by LozCooper
Alan Walton wrote:
Sean Hewitt wrote:I've got a room that is now spare at Barcelo for the Saturday night. If anyone wants it please let me know as I shall be cancelling it at 12 noon sharp!
My dad had another call from Staverton last night saying there were another three singles rooms come available, he also chatted with the woman as well, and she said this was one team who had overbooked 3 rooms :? , personally this is a joke, maybe teams should be restricted to 8 single rooms at discounted rate if they only have one team, this would definitely stop overbooking if the have to pay the full whack instead
I'm sure Mike and Claire would be interested to know which team it was.

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:02 pm
by Gareth Harley-Yeo
Joey Stewart wrote:It is not right that the good wins against the bottom feeders be discounted.
I've never been called a bottom feeder before :shock:

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm
by Ben Purton
Sambuca Sharks have 6 Twins and 3 Doubles , of which are completely packed with players.

Ben

Re: 4NCL Fixtures for Saturday 26th March 2011

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:23 pm
by John Upham
Assuming a room is cancelled at the last minute and Hotel charge the booker the fee for failing to cancel in good time, is the Hotel permitted to hire the room out anyway? :?: