When will round 10 results be posted?

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Leonard Barden

When will round 10 results be posted?

Post by Leonard Barden » Mon May 02, 2011 10:05 am

I notice complaints about this on the live games thread, so add my own query.

I was hoping this morning to prepare an article on the final weekend's play, following up my long article in Saturday's Guardian which also advertised the live games.

I am dismayed to find that round 10 results are not yet posted, even for Division 1. All round 9 games on line, no round 10 results, seems that manpower resources are there but might be used more effectively. Normally one might hope to get the information from the live games, but only Div 2 was live yesterday.

Could someone out there very kindly supply these results at least for Division 1, and if possible also advise how Zhou and Hawkins stand in relation to their GM norms? I assume Zhou is probably out of it due to his round 9 loss.

David Sedgwick

Re: When will round 10 results be posted?

Post by David Sedgwick » Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am

Leonard Barden wrote:I assume Zhou is probably out of it due to his round 9 loss.
That was the conclusion I reached.

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't help. I'm just as frustrated as you and the others who've posted.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 am

Zhou needed 2/3 but is sadly on 0/2 so is now out of it.

Hawkins beat Andrew Talbot in R9 which I believe was sufficient for his GM norm.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon May 02, 2011 10:40 am

The lack of results is rather poor and I would like to add my voice to the general criticism
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon May 02, 2011 10:46 am

I am in the Office. Dave W had said that they will post the results when all the results are in.

E Michael White

Post by E Michael White » Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 am

Why couldnt the ones available last night have been posted at 9.00 pm yesterday and the rest added later ?
Last edited by E Michael White on Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Turner

Post by Peter Turner » Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 am

Rd10 Hawkins v Palliser draw
Rd11 Conquest v Hawkins
Rd 11 Yang Fan v Andrew Ledger
Div 1 Rd 10 results
P&P 7.5 0.5 e2e4
Betsson 1.5 6.5 WGH1
Barb1 3 5 Guildford
Chedd 3.5 4.5 WR1
Div1 demotion pool
Oxford 2.5 5.5 WGH2
Camb Uni 5.5 2.5 ADs
Samb Sharks 5 3 Warwk Sel
Barb 2 6.5 1.5 Pandora

I'll try to answer specific requests if possible

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Mon May 02, 2011 10:59 am

Alex Holowczak wrote:I am in the Office. Dave W had said that they will post the results when all the results are in.
Thanks for trying to help, Alex.

Peter Turner wrote: Rd10 Hawkins v Palliser draw
Rd11 Conquest v Hawkins
Rd 11 Yang Fan v Andrew Ledger
Div 1 Rd 10 results
P&P 7.5 0.5 e2e4
Betsson 1.5 6.5 WGH1
Barb1 3 5 Guildford
Chedd 3.5 4.5 WR1
Div1 demotion pool
Oxford 2.5 5.5 WGH2
Camb Uni 5.5 2.5 ADs
Samb Sharks 5 3 Warwk Sel
Barb 2 6.5 1.5 Pandora

I'll try to answer specific requests if possible
Many thanks Peter. You seem to have more information than is available to Alex. That's not Alex's fault.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon May 02, 2011 11:02 am

The arbiters must have computer pairings/results so even if the format might be a little poor for the web site what is actually so hard in getting that online?

Has to be improved...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Peter Turner

Post by Peter Turner » Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 am

Chris Dorrington achieved a 10 round IM Norm. Chart shows that Hawkins also achieved a 10 round norm, is there some advantage to also do a 10 or 11 round norm? Barbican news - Barbican 2 need to win today to avoid relegation, should Barbican Youth win today (or possibly draw) they would get a promotion slot BUT if Barbican 2 stay in Div 1 the 'Youth' could not take up the 1st division place.

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Mon May 02, 2011 6:36 pm

For my part I should add that I elected not to pay to use the internet at the hotel but will try and track down what results I can find. Sadly I ended up playing today so have little information other than P&P winning 6-2 to win Division 1.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 pm

I guess the people here are unaware that about 100 sets from the main playing hall had to be moved to the smaller rooms, on the basis that the big room was being used for a wedding today. This was an additional task that they wouldn't ordinarily have had, so that their time was even more at a premium than it usually is on that evening.

If the organisers decided to prioritise that over the prompt publication of results - one of which they didn't have anyway - then that's fair enough in my opinion.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon May 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:I guess the people here are unaware that about 100 sets from the main playing hall had to be moved to the smaller rooms, on the basis that the big room was being used for a wedding today. This was an additional task that they wouldn't ordinarily have had, so that their time was even more at a premium than it usually is on that evening.

If the organisers decided to prioritise that over the prompt publication of results - one of which they didn't have anyway - then that's fair enough in my opinion.
At just after 8pm yesterday the arbiters were all busy trying to leave the building to go to dinner. To be fair, Round 11 results are up already so fair play to the 4NCL on that.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:At just after 8pm yesterday the arbiters were all busy trying to leave the building to go to dinner.
Indeed. But so were other teams, perhaps not at 8pm. Given that they work much longer hours than the players, I don't think they can be begrudged one external meal per season...

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon May 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Alex - the point I was making was that the lack of results was not down to packing up one of the rooms. No one would begrudge anyone a meal. I was suggesting that either they could have gone once the job (incl posting results) was complete or, at a push, completed it upon their return.

Arbiters may start earlier and finish later than players but there were plenty of arbiters in the bar during play on all three days. No criticism in that, but suggesting that arbiters work much longer hours than players is not quite accurate. It's just more on and off than it is for players.