Ratings Question

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Sean Hewitt

Re: Ratings Question

Post by Sean Hewitt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Bob Clark wrote:Quick Question, sorry if the answer is in the 4NCL rules, but I cant find it.

For the first weekend in November will the September or November FIDE ratings be used to determine Board Order?

If anyone knows it would be much appreciated
It will be November. They use the list in force 7 days before the weekend. However, bizarrely I can't find it in the rules either (though I'm sure it was there). Perhaps an error in the rules online?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:It will be November. They use the list in force 7 days before the weekend. However, bizarrely I can't find it in the rules either (though I'm sure it was there). Perhaps an error in the rules online?
Last year it was the September list. The point was that managers with squads in both hotels needed to know who would be playing where in order to finalise the hotels. It was the weekend of the 6th/7th, so a week earlier.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Sean Hewitt wrote:It will be November. They use the list in force 7 days before the weekend. However, bizarrely I can't find it in the rules either (though I'm sure it was there). Perhaps an error in the rules online?
Last year it was the September list. The point was that managers with squads in both hotels needed to know who would be playing where in order to finalise the hotels. It was the weekend of the 6th/7th, so a week earlier.
That was because 7 days before 6th November was 30th October and therefore the list in force at that time was the September list. This year we are a week later and 7 days in before the weekend is 5th November - hence the November list being used.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:That was because 7 days before 6th November was 30th October and therefore the list in force at that time was the September list. This year we are a week later and 7 days in before the weekend is 5th November - hence the November list being used.
As far as I recall, it was going to be the November list last year as well until at least one of the squad captains/managers objected. Still if there's now a rule to cover it, it's just of matter of having it in the on-line version. It's needed with FIDE proposing monthly rating lists in the not too distant future.

Neville Belinfante

Post by Neville Belinfante » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:38 pm

The consensus of opinion over the last two seasons is that the most appropriate list to be used for a 4NCL weekend, is the list in force at the deadline for player registrations which is 9 days beforehand. That means the November list shall be used.

The registrations lists need updating for juniors because of the new rule that ECF grades converted may be used instead of ratings for board order purposes. Most team captains with strong teenagers have asked for this to be applied, although currently is it just the FIDE rating that is shown for all players.

The green background is shown for players who have been added to the list since the last update.

Regards

Neville Belinfante

Neville Belinfante

Post by Neville Belinfante » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:38 pm

The consensus of opinion over the last two seasons is that the most appropriate list to be used for a 4NCL weekend, is the list in force at the deadline for player registrations which is 9 days beforehand. That means the November list shall be used.

The registrations lists need updating for juniors because of the new rule that ECF grades converted may be used instead of ratings for board order purposes. Most team captains with strong teenagers have asked for this to be applied, although currently is it just the FIDE rating that is shown for all players.

The green background is shown for players who have been added to the list since the last update.

Regards

Neville Belinfante