Daventry rooms wanted for 22 March

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Mick Norris

Daventry rooms wanted for 22 March

Post by Mick Norris » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi

Does anyone have any rooms booked but no longer required that they could transfer to a fellow chess player?

The hotel is completely booked, and although Hinckley isn't, there are no cheaper rooms there
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Phil Makepeace

Re: Daventry rooms wanted for 22 March

Post by Phil Makepeace » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:59 pm

I would also love a couple of rooms if they're going for Bucks Juniors. Obviously Mick gets first dibs. :)

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:08 am

I guess this is obvious - but just in case ... as an alternative the de Vere we used to use is running their 'Spring Promotion'. At their Daventry property you can till get single rooms from about £39 when I last looked. It's probably a 5-10 min drive. There are other hotels in the area that do deals too.

Paul

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

I got a room, but 3 of ours didn't and were at Hinckley though seemed happy

Liked the hotel, good walk round part of the Reservoir this am

No atmosphere in the bar last night though, and no orange juice at breakfast

Good to meet Chris Kreuzer and Mike Truran in person after much dialogue on here
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Mick Norris wrote:No atmosphere in the bar last night though, and no orange juice at breakfast
The bar was a bit quiet chess player-wise. I think it was because there had been another group in the hotel using the bar.
Mick Norris wrote:Good to meet Chris Kreuzer and Mike Truran in person after much dialogue on here
Likewise. There are some people on here I think I've met but actually haven't... (though it feels like it).

Currently trying to put a positive spin on the draw I managed on the Sunday after missing what feels like a million different ways to win. The idea being that if I get a similar position again, I will know what to do this time (but shouldn't anyone of a reasonable standard be able to calculate this sort of thing at the board?). It is incredibly easy to miss tactics if you aren't looking for them.