The former, where we played in the first couple of seasons, was I think The Prof's favourite playing venue, and I would be happy to see us back there
The latter, I gather, had good feedback from the recent 4NCL congress
Big thanks to Mike, as always, for all his hard work, I know securing us new venues for the forthcoming season has been hard work for him, and I really appreciate his support over the last few years
Positive comments (and restaurant recommendations) very welcome
Next season sees the introduction of the new Division 4 South, and I set out below the intended arrangements:
1. Division 3 South will comprise 16 teams and follow the format already in place for Divisions 1 and 2. Division 3 North will remain a Swiss for next season.
2. Teams in both Division 3 South and Division 3 North will continue to comprise six players and be free to field players regardless of gender or age (in other words, rule 7.3 will continue to apply).
3. Division 3 South will comprise the following teams: BCM Dragons; Rhyfelwyr Essyllwg 1; MK Phoenix 1; Wessex; Surbiton 1; Midland Monarchs 1; Fermented Sharks; Broadland Bitterns; Anglian Avengers 2; Leeds University Old Boys; Poisoned Pawns; Ashfield-Breadsall; Shropshire; Warwickshire Select 2; BCM Rhinos; Guildford 4. The other teams in this season’s Division 3 South will form the new Division 4 South.
4. Two teams from each of Division 3 South and Division 3 North will be promoted to Division 2 at the end of next season, with four teams relegated from Division 2. At least two teams will be guaranteed promotion from Division 4 South to Division 3 South for the 2016/2017 season, with up to a maximum of six promoted teams depending on the geographical mix of teams relegated from Division 2. The attached spreadsheet summarises the intended arrangements.
5. Divisions 3 South and 4 South will be playing at Park Inn Telford. Bedroom booking arrangements are shown on the “Hotels 2015-2016” section of the 4NCL website.
6. Division 3 North venues are (subject to signing contracts):
(a) 14-15 November 2015: Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
(b) 16-17 January 2016: De Vere Wychwood Park
(c) 13-14 February 2016: Cedar Court Wakefield
(d) 19-20 March 2016: Cedar Court Wakefield
(e) 30 April-2 May 2016: De Vere Wychwood Park.
Bedroom booking arrangements for Cedar Court Wakefield and Park Inn Telford will follow shortly.