4NCL North 2015-16

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Andrew Bak

Re: 4NCL North 2015-16

Post by Andrew Bak » Wed May 04, 2016 9:19 am

Mick Norris wrote:Well done Andy & the squad

Are you going to enter B & C in Div 3N next season?
Absolutely!

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed May 04, 2016 2:21 pm

Great, I think we'll see if we can add a 4th team, although my guess is possibly not
Any postings on here represent my personal views

MartinCarpenter

Post by MartinCarpenter » Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 pm

I do wonder about if a MM4/even DCA D. Enough players in the catchment areas in principle I think, but the board order rules/strength in depth of most of the teams in 3N would make it rather problematic.

At some point it makes much more sense to split things up :)

Jorvik had a mild struggle to get to 6 for many weekends this time, so definitely no chance of two teams there.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed May 04, 2016 2:49 pm

MartinCarpenter wrote:I do wonder about if a MM4/even DCA D. Enough players in the catchment areas in principle I think, but the board order rules/strength in depth of most of the teams in 3N would make it rather problematic.
Yes, particularly if Cheddleton drop their 3rd team, it gets a bit catch 22 with a 4th team being beaten regularly because the opposition is too strong, but needing to attract other less strong teams to join so as to expand the league

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Wed May 04, 2016 9:17 pm

MartinCarpenter wrote:I do wonder about if a MM4/even DCA D. Enough players in the catchment areas in principle I think, but the board order rules/strength in depth of most of the teams in 3N would make it rather problematic.

At some point it makes much more sense to split things up :)

Jorvik had a mild struggle to get to 6 for many weekends this time, so definitely no chance of two teams there.
Some of your comments have been quite interesting recently....
Your suggestion that they might split the MM teams up, might well be worth considering, maybe creating 3 separate pools.
What to call them..?
Maybe Man Gems, Man Diamonds, & Man Gold, if you want something fairly neutral.
Man Knights, Man Bishops, and Man Rooks could be ok, if a tad bland....
Man-North, Man-Central, and Man-South.. again ok. I suppose.. or even a Stockport league based team
It could be kept under the same management umbrella, with all admin handled centrally by an admin officer, with separate match captains for each team pool.
There was a slight jinks over the MM efforts last w/e, but no doubt that the Scots fully deserved there title, and were a great credit to our 4NCL North League.
No doubt too, that Bradford stepped up in the late stages to take second place. And great credit to other teams, like Manx Ravens and Broadlands, who are also a great credit to our 4NCL North event, and I hope will return to challenge again for promotion honours.. In fact, the whole league was very good this year, with many teams putting in good performances... not least, Cheddleton B, who came zooming up the table to claim third spot.
Hopefully all the other teams will return next season for 4NCL North... and lets hope that other new teams will also come forward.
I`d very much like to see another North East team (or even two), coming forward, and there`s room for teams from other areas.. not least some North Midlands areas, like Derbyshire/Derby, maybe Notts, or Lincs/Humberside, Cheshire, and hopefully others will give this some thought. There are club teams, like Holmes Chapel & 3Cs in this event, so that's a possibility.
Those interested should check out the 4NCL website http://www.4ncl.co.uk/ and maybe talk to some of the captains, who I`m sure would be glad to advise
BRING BACK THE BCF

Andrew Bak

Post by Andrew Bak » Wed May 04, 2016 9:34 pm

David Pardoe wrote:
MartinCarpenter wrote: No doubt too, that Bradford stepped up in the late stages to take second place.
We were the only team not to lose a match all season!

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 am