4NCL - Another shambles, or what?

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
David Robertson

4NCL - Another shambles, or what?

Post by David Robertson » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Skimming through the reg.lists just published, what's happened to Brown Jack/Witney?

Brown Jack are a Div 2 team, but only one player is listed. Meanwhile, Truran pere et fils, formerly of BJ, are listed for Oxford. Have Brown Jack quit Div 2 at a late stage, or not?

The obvious explanation is...?

LawrenceCooper

Re: 4NCL - Another shambles, or what?

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 pm

David Robertson wrote:Skimming through the reg.lists just published, what's happened to Brown Jack/Witney?

Brown Jack are a Div 2 team, but only one player is listed. Meanwhile, Truran pere et fils, formerly of BJ, are listed for Oxford. Have Brown Jack quit Div 2 at a late stage, or not?

The obvious explanation is...?
That teams have until Thursday to register players for the first weekend. Mike Truran was part of the Witney Brown Jack squad from Division Three that dropped out at the end of last season.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:35 pm

But Brown Jack are listed in Div 2, not 'dropped out'. Are we facing another 'e2e4-style' shambles, and late league readjustments? Or is it merely that Brown Jack, as distinct from [sigh] Witney/Brown Jack, haven't yet completed the business?

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Brown Jack Witney are indeed in Div 2 (having, unlike some teams, paid their entry fees in good time) and no doubt their registration list will be provided in due course. Witney Brown Jack (last season's Div 3 team) folded because we couldn't get enough players. Joseph and I are playing for Oxford because as I am the chauffeur we need to play at the same venue. Playing for Oxford means we can play for separate teams at the same venue - Brown Jack Witney in Div 2 could have accommodated me, but not Joseph.
Last edited by Mike Truran on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Girdlestone

Post by Paul Girdlestone » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:51 pm

This is all in hand, we are still here (Brown Jack Witney) and the temporary problem of our registrations is being sorted.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:53 pm

Paul

Welcome to the madhouse.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:59 pm

David Robertson wrote:But Brown Jack are listed in Div 2, not 'dropped out'. Are we facing another 'e2e4-style' shambles, and late league readjustments? Or is it merely that Brown Jack, as distinct from [sigh] Witney/Brown Jack, haven't yet completed the business?
They are different teams, Mike's dropped out of Division Three whilst Brown Jack Witney are continuing in Division Two.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Mike Truran wrote:Brown Jack Witney are indeed in Div 2 (having, unlike some teams, paid their entry fees in good time) and no doubt their registration list will be provided in due course.
The mysteries of 4NCL seeding. Presumably then the Division 2 seeding and pool allocation were not dependant on the team registrations.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:43 pm

I was going to reply, but as I was about to press the "send" button I had a sudden epiphany.

Martin Regan

Post by Martin Regan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:56 pm

MT:
I was going to reply, but as I was about to press the "send" button I had a sudden epiphany.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: