Division Three South (2015-16)

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Mick Norris

Re: Division Three South (2015-16)

Post by Mick Norris » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:27 pm

Neil Graham wrote: Sad news if we're moving away from Telford - we like it there. :cry:
I'm sure you would like Wychwood and Wakefield, give it a go, you know it makes sense :D
Any postings on here represent my personal views

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Mick Norris wrote:
Neil Graham wrote: Sad news if we're moving away from Telford - we like it there. :cry:
I'm sure you would like Wychwood and Wakefield, give it a go, you know it makes sense :D
I was checking out the mileage to those very hotels earlier tonight :) The lack of a division four though is a slight deterrent and my broad definition of Midlands make it a bit too far for some of my southeners :oops:

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:28 am

The bottom third of Div 3 N is of similar strength to Div 4 I guess
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Just wanted to give a big preemptive congratulatory pat on the back to West is Best 1 for their promotion, as there is NO WAY it is not going to happen!

Commiserations to those who missed out but, hey, you tried your best ... only ours was better!
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:Just wanted to give a big preemptive congratulatory pat on the back to West is Best 1 for their promotion, as there is NO WAY it is not going to happen!

Commiserations to those who missed out but, hey, you tried your best ... only ours was better!
I suspect that you are right but under the current format your team is on 2/2 in a seven round event (the promotion pool) so there's plenty of chess left to be played.

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:07 pm

I'm just glad to be able to see Cooper- Rudd first hand tomorrow. Its the Div. 3 version of Adams- Short. Surely has to be worth shipping one of the display boards to Telford to transmit it.

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:47 pm

benedgell wrote:I'm just glad to be able to see Cooper- Rudd first hand tomorrow. Its the Div. 3 version of Adams- Short. Surely has to be worth shipping one of the display boards to Telford to transmit it.
Please don't say things like this. :x The date is Saturday 19th March - I had to go and check the fixture list as I'd arranged my team for that date!

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:07 pm

benedgell wrote:I'm just glad to be able to see Cooper- Rudd first hand tomorrow. Its the Div. 3 version of Adams- Short. Surely has to be worth shipping one of the display boards to Telford to transmit it.
I didn't realise that Jack played on board 2 :shock:

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:20 pm

Neil Graham wrote:
Please don't say things like this. :x The date is Saturday 19th March - I had to go and check the fixture list as I'd arranged my team for that date!
Whoops. Thought it was this weekend.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:02 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:
I didn't realise that Jack played on board 2 :shock:
Oh dear, looks like he is coming for you Ben....
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Matthew Parry

Post by Matthew Parry » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:41 am

Naturally we will be treating this as the first match of the season, which in essence it is- well the second anyway- and forgetting all that has gone before. Please do not be dissuaded from having a rest this weekend, Loz; I understand Telford has lots of lovely distractions that I am sure you would rather do than play such a silly game!

Everything still to play for; should be an interesting second half to the season.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Matthew Parry wrote:Naturally we will be treating this as the first match of the season, which in essence it is- well the second anyway- and forgetting all that has gone before. Please do not be dissuaded from having a rest this weekend, Loz; I understand Telford has lots of lovely distractions that I am sure you would rather do than play such a silly game!

Everything still to play for; should be an interesting second half to the season.
My team is in the interesting situation that as well as 2 points being at stake against West is Best the result of The Rookies-Anglian Avengers makes a difference to our carry forward so we could find ourselves on 0,1,2,3 or 4 heading into the Sunday game :?

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:18 am

You are much more of an optimist then me, Lawrence, I would be absolutely fuming to think that the second best team in the pool should have to rely on the luck of the draw to take any points forward at all.

Alan Walton

Post by Alan Walton » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:18 am

Joey Stewart wrote:You are much more of an optimist then me, Lawrence, I would be absolutely fuming to think that the second best team in the pool should have to rely on the luck of the draw to take any points forward at all.
Why is it luck of the draw, it is their own fault that they didn't win against AA2 and Shropshire, if they lose against yourselves and Shropshire & AA2 both win, then they are the 4 best team on results in the pool

Matthew Parry

Post by Matthew Parry » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:21 am

It's not quite that bad; they can beat us with skill (obviously not what I would ideally like!!) to ensure that they have two points, the luck boils down to one match only. At the end of the day it is what it is; if you'd like me to make a formal proposal for a change, Joey, by all means send me a proposal and I will happily forward it. I'm trying to work out what our seeding was at the outset to see what the colours will be on Sunday! Or rather I will be at lunch time!