Live Games, weekend 2

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Post Reply
benedgell
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Live Games, weekend 2

Post by benedgell » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:10 pm

http://www.4ncl.co.uk/live/main.htm

Just starting:
Blackthorne- Guildford
White Rose- Grantham Sharks
Barbican 2- Sussex Martels
South Wales Dragons- Cambridge 1

Roger de Coverly
Posts: 18057
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:50 pm

benedgell wrote: Just starting:
Blackthorne- Guildford
White Rose- Grantham Sharks
Barbican 2- Sussex Martels
South Wales Dragons- Cambridge 1
It's only the first two matches that are working ( Saturday 14:50). The Barbican match is showing the games from the first weekend's match involving Spirit of Atticus and the South Wales match is just empty

(edit Sat 15:37) Barbican v Martlets match now showing correctly, but you may need to hit F5 to see it. SWD v Cambridge now showing pairings but not moves. (/edit)
Last edited by Roger de Coverly on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceCooper
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
benedgell wrote: Just starting:
Blackthorne- Guildford
White Rose- Grantham Sharks
Barbican 2- Sussex Martels
South Wales Dragons- Cambridge 1
It's only the first two matches that are working ( Saturday 14:50). The Barbican match is showing the games from the first weekend's match involving Spirit of Atticus and the South Wales match is just empty.
I think the faulty matches are dead for today but hopefully something can be sorted in time for tomorrow's round.

User avatar
Michael Farthing
Posts: 1798
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm
Location: Morecambe, Europe

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Michael Farthing » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Never mind, Loz. If you ever want to return to the Board, this doesn't generally count against you.

Mike Truran
Posts: 2389
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Mike Truran » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Match 3 back up now. Looks like match 4 may follow shortly.

Well done to the 4NCL technical team. :D

LawrenceCooper
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Michael Farthing wrote:Never mind, Loz. If you ever want to return to the Board, this doesn't generally count against you.
I can normally be relied on to make a sweeping statement that will then ensure the opposite will happen :) The guys manning the boards do a great job in overcoming the various problems.

benedgell
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by benedgell » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Adair- Roberson is fun to watch.

Barry Sandercock
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Barry Sandercock » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:38 pm

It certainly is. What a king march !

Roger de Coverly
Posts: 18057
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Here's the whole Adair-Roberson game. I asked for an engine opinion at around move 20 and it said advantage white, but less than a pawn's worth. There appears to be a line of play where White has to play Qc5 to fend off a mate whereupon Black then wins the Queen.


David Clayton
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by David Clayton » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Mike Truran wrote:Match 3 back up now. Looks like match 4 may follow shortly.

Well done to the 4NCL technical team. :D
Team? One half is in Gibraltar and if the remaining half was actually an IT Technician, we would have had solved it before the start of the round.

Match 4 has been live for a short while, although only 1 game is actually in progress.

All should be on tomorrow providing there are no overnight problems.

LawrenceCooper
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:17 pm

David Clayton wrote:
Mike Truran wrote:Match 3 back up now. Looks like match 4 may follow shortly.

Well done to the 4NCL technical team. :D
Team? One half is in Gibraltar and if the remaining half was actually an IT Technician, we would have had solved it before the start of the round.

Match 4 has been live for a short while, although only 1 game is actually in progress.

All should be on tomorrow providing there are no overnight problems.
Excellent news, it was worth tuning in today just to see James Adair's king march.

MartinCarpenter
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by MartinCarpenter » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 pm

It does look to have been great fun that :) Perhaps a bit scary to play!

Roger de Coverly
Posts: 18057
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Keith Arkell and his opponent, Isaac Sanders reached what appears to be an original position at move 3.

1. e4 c6 2. d3 e5 3. Qe2 Bc5

Subsequent play went

4. g3 Nf6 5. Bg2 O-O 6. Nf3 Re8 7.O-O d5 8.h3 Nbd7 9. Nbd2 a5 10. a4

so it was just an unusual Kings Indian Attack.


Roger de Coverly
Posts: 18057
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:14 am

Barbican 2 seemingly missing an possible chance to damage Guildford 1

http://www.4nclresults.co.uk/2015-16/4ncl/4/1b/export/

Jonathan Rogers
Posts: 3852
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Re: Live Games, weekend 2

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:02 am

I was relieved when our first team outplayed Guildford 2 in November; a somewhat different word applies to our own second team outplaying Guildford 1 yesterday!

By common assent, including the Guildford players, they would never have won if our intended board four had not suffered a family crisis over the weekend itself (because the default carries an extra penalty point, on which Guildford 1 were desperately relying for some three hours during the match).

Still, I remember a story that Michael Franklin once had to withdraw from the Hastings Challengers when he was leading it, for similar reasons ...

Post Reply