4NCL Weekend 3

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
MartinCarpenter

Re: 4NCL Weekend 3

Post by MartinCarpenter » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:06 am

Yes, Div3 is a very good competition in sporting terms.

Still, how many genuinely good games do two 180ish strength players produce against each other? I've plenty of first hand experience by now :)

We're good enough to normally play stuff that is recognisable as reasonable chess, but a bit short of being able to really sustain creative tension. Maybe around 1 in 10. I've managed a few flashy wins in the 4NCL, not much I'd really call good chess.

LawrenceCooper

Re: 4NCL Weekend 3

Post by LawrenceCooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:23 am

Neil Graham wrote:
Matthew Parry wrote:Mike, I would happily do a report on Division 3S and 4 save for the fact that my lack of chess knowledge and skill would unquestionably lead to the focus being on the bar, playing conditions, pool table, and score-sheets for my own team (fortunately all would be positive reviews this year). My analyses have always been strong on description and short on chess :)
After I complained about this very thing last season, Steve Burke is writing a report on Divisions 3S & 4 which is attached to the 4NCL website. Unfortunately there is no report as yet for Week 3 for the simple reason that the Round 6 games for these divisions have yet to appear on the 4NCL site.
All games now input and 3B & 4 were posted to the website last night with 3A completed this morning :D