Rooms for final weekend

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Matthew Turner

Rooms for final weekend

Post by Matthew Turner » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:28 pm

All sold out. Bridge overseas offering accommodation 19 miles away in Stafford :oops: :cry:

LawrenceCooper

Re: Rooms for final weekend

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:All sold out. Bridge overseas offering accommodation 19 miles away in Stafford :oops: :cry:
Nearer to 25 miles I'm afraid. Lots of accommodation available in Telford, albeit not at the venue.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:25 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:lots of accommodation available in Telford, albeit not at the venue.
You can still book that weekend at the venue although not at the 4NCL price.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:All sold out. Bridge overseas offering accommodation 19 miles away in Stafford :oops: :cry:
Nomen est omen. Nominative determinism strikes again

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Who would have though all sold out - must be something big going on bank holiday w/e.

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:30 am

Nick Grey wrote:Who would have though all sold out - must be something big going on bank holiday w/e.
http://www.bike4lifefest.com/??

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm

This hotel nonsense has made me give up 4ncl for good.
It is a shame for this to keep happening, as it is probably not the fault of the organisers, but still I doubt there are many other national league events where the players get treated in such a shabby fashion.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:05 pm

I assume the last weekend of the season is different from all the others.

For the first 4 weekends, dates can be chosen where the hotel is not expecting to be very busy, and the risk then is that someone else books an event at the hotel and is prepared to pay more for it than the 4NCL does (as the 4NCL bookings appear to be non-binding on the hotels).

For the last weekend, the 4NCL wants the bank holiday weekend, so picking a quiet time is not an option.

At least with Telford, it's easy to get to from the railway station, and it's only 35 minutes on a fast train from the centre of Birmingham.

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:23 am

The issue this year seems to have been a number of new venues where the amount of accommodation available was always going to be substantially lower than the number of people wanting to stay.

For the Northampton venue several people have told me that BridgeOverseas hadn't communicated to them that their confirmed booking was actually in the Ibis (which is close by, but not the actual venue). For Telford they did warn people that they were in different hotels - but some of the options were quite distant.

In fairness to Bridgeoverseas - I have founf that two of their staff (Simon and Karen) have been particularly helpful. Simon was manning the 'out of hours' mobile number for the first Northampton weekend. I was clearly not the first person who had rung him in frustration about a booking issue and he resolved my issue and communicated with me the following week explaining what had gone wrong, wha the had done about it and re-confirming my bookings for future weekends.

Paul

David Guthrie

Post by David Guthrie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:18 am

Due to changes in player availability, I have overbooked a single room for the Sunday night (only) of the final weekend at the venue and its too late to cancel it. Please let me know if interested.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 am

David Guthrie wrote:Due to changes in player availability, I have overbooked a single room for the Sunday night (only) of the final weekend at the venue and its too late to cancel it. Please let me know if interested.
Which venue?