2011 Warwickshire Championship Results

Results of competitions with tables, or as much detail as is possible.
LozCooper

Re: 2011 Warwickshire Championship Results

Post by LozCooper » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 am

Also nice to see several juniors involved including Richard Weaving, Rohan Shiatis and Matthew Wadsworth :D Apologies to anyone I missed, not intentional :oops:

Nick Thomas

Post by Nick Thomas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm

I think I was giving a clue and trying to encourage Matt and the rest to think outside the box (of heart shaped chocolates) for the (partial) answer to this mystery...

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Nick Thomas wrote:I think I was giving a clue and trying to encourage Matt and the rest to think outside the box (of heart shaped chocolates) for the (partial) answer to this mystery...
I don't think it is a reason though. It has always been on the corresponding weekend in previous years. Indeed, there have been direct clashes with February 14th in the past, which didn't exist this year.

Nick Thomas

Post by Nick Thomas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:20 pm

It is a partial answer Alex. How many byes were there in round 3 last year?

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Nick Thomas wrote:It is a partial answer Alex. How many byes were there in round 3 last year?
I don't know; we didn't use Tournament Director, and I suspect the pairing cards have long since been destroyed. The Open went down to board 8, I seem to remember (and one player had a bye), and the Major had plenty of boards. This time, they both had 5. I wasn't paying too much attention to the other sections; they were too far away from the stage, and I wasn't running either of them.

Nick Thomas

Post by Nick Thomas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:I don't think it is a reason though. It has always been on the corresponding weekend in previous years. Indeed, there have been direct clashes with February 14th in the past, which didn't exist this year.
Well you'll have to come up with some hard evidence before I accept that there was a significant increase this year in round 3 byes.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Nick Thomas wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote:I don't think it is a reason though. It has always been on the corresponding weekend in previous years. Indeed, there have been direct clashes with February 14th in the past, which didn't exist this year.
Well you'll have to come up with some hard evidence before I accept that there was a significant increase this year in round 3 byes.
Well, DT said so. That's all the evidence I need. :)