27th Nottingham Rapidplay

Results of competitions with tables, or as much detail as is possible.
Post Reply
Neil Graham
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

27th Nottingham Rapidplay

Post by Neil Graham » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:18 pm

The full results will be published on the Notts CA website in due course.

Here, meanwhile, are the main winners:-

Open 1st Mark Hebden 6/6; 2nd Thomas Sygnowski 4.5/6

Major 1st Athar Mehmood 5/6; 2nd= Gunnar Mallon, Nick London 4.5/6

Intermediate 1st Hari Solomonides 5.5/6; 2nd Stephen Crockett 5/6

Minor 1st Les Fancourt 5.5/6; 2nd= John Grasham, Dominic Taylor 5/6

Mick Norris
Posts: 6472
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Contact:

Re: 27th Nottingham Rapidplay

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Neil Graham wrote:Intermediate 2nd Stephen Crockett 5/6
I thought he had retired from congresses?
Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation www.manchesterchess.co.uk

Neil Graham
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: 27th Nottingham Rapidplay

Post by Neil Graham » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:09 am

Mick Norris wrote:
Neil Graham wrote:Intermediate 2nd Stephen Crockett 5/6
I thought he had retired from congresses?
I've not followed that thread in detail but didn't he say he'd stopped playing in Minor tournaments?

Roger de Coverly
Posts: 16081
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: 27th Nottingham Rapidplay

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:27 am

Neil Graham wrote: I've not followed that thread in detail but didn't he say he'd stopped playing in Minor tournaments?
I think the particular section at Nottingham was under 135. If in the UK, organisers and/or the ECF had adopted an American style anti-sandbagger rule, it's doubtful if he would have been eligible even for that tournament.

Neil Graham
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: 27th Nottingham Rapidplay

Post by Neil Graham » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Neil Graham wrote:The full results will be published on the Notts CA website in due course.

Here, meanwhile, are the main winners:-

Open 1st Mark Hebden 6/6; 2nd Thomas Sygnowski 4.5/6

Major 1st Athar Mehmood 5/6; 2nd= Gunnar Mallon, Nick London 4.5/6

Intermediate 1st Hari Solomonides 5.5/6; 2nd Stephen Crockett 5/6

Minor 1st Les Fancourt 5.5/6; 2nd= John Grasham, Dominic Taylor 5/6
http://nottschess.org/2015_16/rapidplay.html

Post Reply