Page 1 of 1
10th 4NCL FIDE Rated Congress
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:37 pm
by Mike Truran
Results, tables, games, photos etc are now available on
www.4ncl.co.uk.
Many congratulations to Joseph McPhillips on finishing clear first in the Open ahead of GMs Mark Hebden and Jonathan Levitt. Russell Goodfellow also led the field home in the U2000/U175 section, while there was a three-way tie for first place in the U135 section between William Egan, Brian O'Gorman and Keith Emerton.
Re: 10th 4NCL FIDE Rated Congress
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:07 pm
by Brendan O'Gorman
Some photos here:
https://goo.gl/photos/mKbckbGhp4FgiTe66 . Many thanks to the arbiters Lara Barnes and Matthew Carr.
Re: 10th 4NCL FIDE Rated Congress
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:58 pm
by Mike Truran
And many thanks to you as well, Brendan!

Re: 10th 4NCL FIDE Rated Congress
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:00 pm
by Mike Truran
PS Here's a very nice message from one of our players:
Just a brief note to thank you for all your efforts in organising the 4NCL Congress in Wakefield last weekend. The event was hugely enjoyable and run in a smooth, professional and unobtrusive manner by Lara Barnes and Matthew Carr. I thanked Lara in person but didn’t get a chance to speak to Matthew after the last round, so I’d be grateful if you could pass on my expression of gratitude to him, please.
Re: 10th 4NCL FIDE Rated Congress
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:14 pm
by Andrew Zigmond
Looks like a another good event and I'm sorry I wasn't able to make this one.
I hope numbers were okay. I know there was some concern early on but a glance at the 4NCL website suggests that numbers were higher than the Birmingham event in July.
Re: 10th 4NCL FIDE Rated Congress
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:43 am
by Mike Truran
Yes, we did fine on numbers in the end, and probably broke even. Thanks to all the entrants!
