Mass Extermination

The act of developing or disclosing that which is unknown.

Mass Extermination?

Yes
7%
No
7%
If Chavs are wiped out as well, YES!
33%
You need your head examining!
53%

Total votes: 15

Nigel Wright

Mass Extermination

Post by Nigel Wright » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:22 pm

How about killing all non-chess playing residents of the world? Then it'd be the most popular sport in the world and everyone would take it more seriously! :twisted:
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:09 pm

I am not sure if this is appropriate to be honest but I will let it ride for now

Cheers
Carl

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:35 pm

hehe, sorry about that! just thought that the site needed livening up a bit!

I Drink therefore I am.

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Seems like I need my head examining then... off to the padded rooms I go then :)

I Drink therefore I am.

Donna Wood

Re: Mass Extermination

Post by Donna Wood » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Is there any wonder that chess isn't taken seriously? This is diabolical, we are trying to engage children into the sport, and as a parent if I saw something like this I would forbid my child from having anything to do with the ECF what kind of message does this give?

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Strange thread to have, can't we just encourage as many people as possible to join in chess then just more the last few to a nice island where chess is banned. It seems a nicer option. Or on the other hand we could just live together in total bliss. The last option is best I think, and goes with a high probabilty of happening anyway. 8)
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:50 pm

Donna Southgate wrote:Is there any wonder that chess isn't taken seriously? This is diabolical, we are trying to engage children into the sport, and as a parent if I saw something like this I would forbid my child from having anything to do with the ECF what kind of message does this give?
I have to agree I probably made an error in allowing this topic even if I did post a comment on it's nature at the time
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Donna Southgate wrote:Is there any wonder that chess isn't taken seriously? This is diabolical, we are trying to engage children into the sport, and as a parent if I saw something like this I would forbid my child from having anything to do with the ECF what kind of message does this give?
I have to agree I probably made an error in allowing this topic even if I did post a comment on it's nature at the time
Donnas right, but I do think a level of freedom is needed in the forum, though stupid this thread is not offesive, just daft.

Any non chess players reading this, firstly welcome to our world and secondly we don't kill any one, that I'm aware of.

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :lol: :wink:
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:31 pm

I can't see anything wrong with this thread at all, it's just some humour added to an otherwise serious forum. It's not supposed to be taken seriously, I'd have thought that to be pretty obvious...

I Drink therefore I am.

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:46 pm

Nigel Wright wrote:I can't see anything wrong with this thread at all, it's just some humour added to an otherwise serious forum. It's not supposed to be taken seriously, I'd have thought that to be pretty obvious...
Its great, but we don't kill people that I know of. Its just daft. Very Very Very Daft. :roll:
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Well, we don't kill because we are civilised and aren't crazy like the Soviet Union... :D

I Drink therefore I am.

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Nigel Wright wrote:Well, we don't kill because we are civilised and aren't crazy like the Soviet Union... :D
Now its become an insult, The USSR is an area which is now mostly governed by Russia, they are not crazy just have different ways of thinking. Be careful here. :evil:
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm not talkng about modern day Russia, I'm just saying that, for example, the Fischer-Spassky incident, was a little OTT in my opinion...

I Drink therefore I am.

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:08 pm

Nigel Wright wrote:I'm not talkng about modern day Russia, I'm just saying that, for example, the Fischer-Spassky incident, was a little OTT in my opinion...
True, but be careful a lot of people still love "Mother Russia" and fischer - Spasky was more fisher than Spasky.
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

Donna Wood

Post by Donna Wood » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Nigel Wright wrote:I can't see anything wrong with this thread at all, it's just some humour added to an otherwise serious forum. It's not supposed to be taken seriously, I'd have thought that to be pretty obvious...
Imagine you have a young child, who is thinking of starting up chess, he is browsing through the ECF and it's forum and comes across this thread, do you still then find it amusing and unoffensive? I don't, we have a number of young and very sensitive pupils at the academy, one in particular I can think of that has joined the league and gives his all to the sport, however he takes everything to heart and will cry after loosing a game if he thinks he hasn't done his best. This would really worry him.

All I am asking you to do is think outside of your box and see how upsetting this can be for someone else - personally I was shocked and offended to see something like this