Shropshire cup finals LIVE - 11 June 2015

Information regarding live broadcasts using the ECF sensory boards.
Steve Rooney

Shropshire cup finals LIVE - 11 June 2015

Post by Steve Rooney » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:22 am

I know it might not be premier league, but we are aiming to broadcast Shropshire's two cup finals live tonight. The two matches involve the finals of our two summer knockout cups and we thought it would be fun to use our DGT sets to broadcast them. My co-organiser for the congress, Francis Best, is looking after the set-up with the generous support of the technical team at our hosts, Wrekin Housing Trust.

We did do something similar for an end-of-season division one decider last year, but this will be the first time that many of the players have had the opportunity to play on a live board. Not sure if this is the future of league chess, but if so we're in the vanguard!

I can't promise the highest level of play, although there should certainly be some entertaining battles. If you're at a loose end tonight, do take a look. The link below shows the scheduled games now and the broadcast should go live at or around 7.30pm. No commentary I'm afraid - maybe that's the next step!

http://www.shrewsburychessclub.org/live-chess/

Barry Sandercock

Re: Shropshire cup finals LIVE - 11 June 2015

Post by Barry Sandercock » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:01 pm

I'll be watching tonight. I played Francis Best at Gerrards Cross chess club In 1974 when he was 14 years old !

Ray Sayers

Post by Ray Sayers » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:30 pm

That looks a fantastic idea! Well done for trying it.

MartinCarpenter

Post by MartinCarpenter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Good fun. I think we've idly toyed with the idea of doing it for some of the bigger Yorkshire league matches - which can actually reach a pretty high standard overall - but the cost/organisation in getting 8 live boards is a bit of an obstacle.

Well that and most of the people who'd want to watch are playing their own matches at the same time :)

Hope it all goes smoothly.

Steve Rooney

Post by Steve Rooney » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Barry Sandercock wrote:I'll be watching tonight. I played Francis Best at Gerrards Cross chess club In 1974 when he was 14 years old !
Thanks Barry, I will remember you to Francis!