Kings Place Chess Festival Saturday 8th July

Information regarding live broadcasts using the ECF sensory boards.

Martin Benjamin

Re: Kings Place Chess Festival Saturday 8th July

Post by Martin Benjamin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Board one (Gavin Wall v David Howell) has frozen. Is someone able to fix it? If so, thanks in advance

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Martin Benjamin wrote:Board one (Gavin Wall v David Howell) has frozen. Is someone able to fix it? If so, thanks in advance
Now working although no idea if my e-mail helped or if repairs were already underway.

Martin Benjamin

Post by Martin Benjamin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Thanks. I think I jinxed Gavin!

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:23 pm

1st= Richard Bates, Stephen Gordon, Luke McShane 5.5/6.

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Congratulations to the winners.

I was hoping that the final-round game Rendle,T-Bates,R would go 1.f4... W may have later regretted not doing so, but it was an exciting Sicilian instead -

Adam Raoof

Post by Adam Raoof » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:52 pm

“It was my first time taking part in the DeMontford Bell Kings Place Festival last Saturday. I, like many many others had a beautiful chess day. Thank you very much to you and to your team who worked tirelessly all day to make this happen for us all to enjoy.” - Farhad

“Thank you for a very nice day on Saturday! I got quite a few friendly cheers carrying the trophy home on the tube :-)” - Luke

“Thank you for organizing such a fun tournament - Kings Place is definitely the coolest venue I've played in! It was very tiring, but I'm looking forward to being able to play there next year.” - Jack

ON THAT NOTE - NEXT YEAR’S DATE - is Saturday 7th July 2018 - stick that in your diary!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x90 ... sp=sharing
Adam Raoof IA, IO
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/
Don’t stop playing chess!

Neill Cooper

Post by Neill Cooper » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:10 am

Adam Raoof wrote:ON THAT NOTE - NEXT YEAR’S DATE - is Saturday 7th July 2018 - stick that in your diary!
Which is likely to be County Championships Finals day, as it is the first Saturday in July, unless varied by the Director of Home Chess.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:05 am

Adam Raoof wrote:ON THAT NOTE - NEXT YEAR’S DATE - is Saturday 7th July 2018 - stick that in your diary!
Neill Cooper wrote:Which is likely to be County Championships Finals day, as it is the first Saturday in July, unless varied by the Director of Home Chess.
I had contacted said Director about that before I read this thread.

I anticipate that the Counties Championships Finals will be on Saturday 30th June.

Adam Raoof

Post by Adam Raoof » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:45 am

David Sedgwick wrote:
Neill Cooper wrote:Which is likely to be County Championships Finals day, as it is the first Saturday in July, unless varied by the Director of Home Chess.
I had contacted said Director about that before I read this thread.

I anticipate that the Counties Championships Finals will be on Saturday 30th June.
This is a very good point - I would not want to clash with the finals. Therefore if they were to be held on 7 July I would consider 14 July as an alternative date.
Adam Raoof IA, IO
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/
Don’t stop playing chess!

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Luke won the trophy ahead of Stephen Gordon, who had to beat Howell?

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Jonathan Rogers wrote:Luke won the trophy ahead of Stephen Gordon, who had to beat Howell?
and Ameet. Chess-results (not 100% accurate I know) lists the performances as 2679 for Luke, 2807 for Stephen and 2612 for Richard.

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:33 am

Adam, thanks for arranging the live boards. I had the pleasure of watching the last 2 rounds. Was pleased to see John Merriman going well who I chatted to at Hampstead the week before.

Personally I think there are very good reasons for playing at Kings Place on 7/7/18. The 13th anniversary of the 7/7/05 terrorist atrocities. My director and the planning members were responsible for all the development in the area. For those working in Camden at that time I know that was my worst day at work ever.

ECF ought to get the final of the 17/18 County Championship into the correct grading season so ought to plump for 30th June.

Personally am looking forward to playing chess on 7/7/18 and meeting old friends at memorial services.