Youtube annotated games

Links to other sites of interest.
Dan O'Dowd

Youtube annotated games

Post by Dan O'Dowd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi all,

Starting today I've created a series of instructional annotated videos at the "aBetterMove" youtube channel. I will be uploading my first few tonight and tomorrow and would really appreciate views from all players. Those who are beginners or improving can watch the videos to try to guess moves or think of better ones than I played, and hopefully get some positional/tactical instruction from it! Those of you who are stronger than me (160/170s ecf, 1950+ elo ish) can gleefully look down on this mortal's attempt to play good moves, have a good snicker and give me fulsome constructive criticism of my thoughts/ideas!

If you have any technical tips about the vids please also message my account on youtube since I'm brand new to this.

First video link will be posted here in a few hours once it uploads :P

Dan O'Dowd

Re: Youtube annotated games

Post by Dan O'Dowd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Andrew Collins

Post by Andrew Collins » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 pm

I enjoy this type of thing, I'm not going to offer any constructive criticism's regarding moves etc.. because I'm not a good enough player, but is it possible for you to record this at a higher default volume?

Dan O'Dowd

Post by Dan O'Dowd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm

That's a very good question - I'll have a fiddle with the base record volume settings on my mic and hopefully the next vid tonight will sound clearer :)