Chess books for sale

Provide a description and system requirements and/or condition etc.
Andrew Greet

Chess books for sale

Post by Andrew Greet » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:42 am

Hi folks,

I have approximately a hundred books which I'm making available for sale. The list is shown on the attached PDF. Titles are arranged by topic/price. The vast majority are priced at £5 per book or £20 for five books. A few are priced a little higher due to their fame, rarity etc.

Here are my terms of sale and other relevant information:
* Cost of postage will be passed on to buyers.
* For the avoidance of confusion, the list shows the year when THIS EDITION was published - not when the original edition was first published.
* I have aimed to price these books sensibly, but prices are not set in stone. If it comes to my attention that certain titles can be purchased for significantly less elsewhere, I am open to negotiations on prices – especially for purchases involving many books.
* The condition of these books varies from almost new-looking to very well worn. I will provide relevant details about the condition of individual titles to prospective purchasers.
* I will ask for payment in advance by bank transfer.
* Being a ‘minor chess celebrity’ as an IM, author and Quality Chess editor, I am happy to sign a book or two in case this is of interest.
* On a related note, when organizing my books I realized I have one remaining author’s copy of my 2008 book “Starting Out: The Accelerated Dragon” which I can sell for the retail price of £16, including a personalised note and signature if desired.

Thanks for your attention and I hope these books, some of which have been with me since the 1980s, may go on to find new homes with some of you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ian Jamieson

Re: Chess books for sale

Post by Ian Jamieson » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:12 pm

Only a hundred. You’ve reminded me that I must have at least 150 books and I really must go through them and get rid of at least 40 of them if only because I’ve run out of space on my bookshelf.