2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Just a reminder that the Eighth Gibtelecom International Chess Festival starts on Tuesday for 10 days – 26 January to 4 February at the Caleta Hote, Gibraltar. www.gibraltarchesscongress.com
Live streaming with commentary will be available every afternoon with Stuart Conquest. This year the tournament boasts a new broadcasting suite with the very latest technology.
Reports on the tournament will be issued daily provided by John Saunders, and there will be regular updates with photographs.
Live streaming with commentary will be available every afternoon with Stuart Conquest. This year the tournament boasts a new broadcasting suite with the very latest technology.
Reports on the tournament will be issued daily provided by John Saunders, and there will be regular updates with photographs.
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
I'm predicting Kamsky to win in a play-off and Stefanova to win the Women's prize. There seem to be a million and one very talented youngsters playing, but I'm going to go with Tony Ashby for the pick of the results lower down the rating list.
- IM Jack Rudd
- Posts: 5174
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am
- Location: Bideford
- Contact:
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Hello from Gibraltar, everyone.
- John Saunders
- Posts: 2164
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:10 pm
- Location: Kingston-upon-Thames
- Contact:
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Hello from Gibraltar from me too (sitting next to Jack Rudd in the 'Black Hole of Gibraltar', a.k.a. the technical room next to the tournament hall).
Personal Twitter @johnchess
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
The walls of that room are literally painted black and there is no window to the outside world. 10 (long) days in there drives you mad and probably constitutes a cruel and unusual punishment!!John Saunders wrote:Hello from Gibraltar from me too (sitting next to Jack Rudd in the 'Black Hole of Gibraltar', a.k.a. the technical room next to the tournament hall).
- John Saunders
- Posts: 2164
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:10 pm
- Location: Kingston-upon-Thames
- Contact:
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Just to prove that Jack Rudd, Steve Hughes and I are working hard in Gib...
http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/g ... entrm.html
Better be quick because I'm going to move the camera in a minute.
http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/g ... entrm.html
Better be quick because I'm going to move the camera in a minute.
Personal Twitter @johnchess
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
- John Saunders
- Posts: 2164
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:10 pm
- Location: Kingston-upon-Thames
- Contact:
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Hope you guys are tuning in - we have live commentary from GM Stuart Conquest from the official site...
http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/g ... ntary.html
http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/g ... ntary.html
Personal Twitter @johnchess
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9316
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Really should do that for the British.
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
A first round surprise: Bacrot was held to a draw by a player 300+ points lower rated. My pick Kamsky showed why people rate 2 bishops slightly higher then bishop and knight, with some decent endgame technique.
Last edited by benedgell on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Monroi are showing many live games, although you are required to register to watch.
http://monroi.com/watch/?tnm_id=1353
http://monroi.com/watch/?tnm_id=1353
-
Paul Runnacles
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:11 pm
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Tony Stebbings nearly pulled off a great victory against a GM after playing a very good game. If he hadn't been in time pressure I'm sure he would have found the win!
-
LozCooper
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
Isn't the pairing Fridman-Zatonskih husband against wife? 
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
yes that right there married correct Loz !
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
nice live commentary here from Stu Conquest here very good.
http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/g ... ntary.html
http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/g ... ntary.html
Re: 2010 GIBTELECOM CHESS FESTIVAL
There an extra event tonight at 8pm with Jovanka Houska live with one of her games . Otherwise if you cant see that then it be on live at 3pm the next day for round 3 games.