Manager of British Championship

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Paul Dargan

Re: Manager of British Championship

Post by Paul Dargan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 am

Well I suspect it's fair to say that most people didn't see that one coming!

Good luck for a successful British in North Shields Lara!

Paul

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:25 am

Sean Hewitt wrote:
Adam Raoof wrote:I am pleased to announce that Lara Barnes has been appointed as the Manager of the British Championships for 2012. The ECF Board has full confidence in her and looks forward to working with her to make the 2012 Championships a success.
:D :D :D
Absolutely, the best outcome I think
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Krishna Shiatis

Post by Krishna Shiatis » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Alan Burke wrote:Mick Norris ... I totally agree with your comments in your answer to Carol Williams and most certainly don't think it was an aggressive response - it does seem that some people can't listen to an alternative point of view without getting angry at those who propose it, as well as looking through rose-coloured glasses when it comes to subjects regarding their own offspring and then seemingly have a personal vandetta against anyone who they perceive has not done everything in the way THEY want for their own child.
I do not think that Carol has even mentioned 'her offspring', though I think this is not a nice way to talk about Peter. Just because a parent speaks up, they should not be accused of being selfish. They have a right to speak as much as the next person. At the end of the day, we all hope to make things better however we can and Carol very much fits into this category.

I think that Carol has asked a question which she felt was important and she felt that the responses were aggressive.

Carol does not have 'a personal vendetta' against anyone. If anything, Mr Burke, one would say that you seem to have a vendetta against Carol and anyone who disagrees with you. Your earlier postings are evidence of this.

Carol does have a valid point, which I believe David Sedgwick has tried to answer nicely. Her concerns are shared by many and once Phil is back from Brazil, I am sure that a lot will be resolved.

In the meantime, this is a forum for everyone to discuss chess and chess related matters in a nice way and I hope that it continues to encourage participation from all.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm

I wouldn't ask Carl to try to sort out this whole anarchic thread, but maybe if people want to discuss the manager of coaching vacancy it would be better to start separate thread.

Alex McFarlane

Post by Alex McFarlane » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Returning to topic

http://stevegiddinschessblog.wordpress. ... mpromises/

This is well worth a read. The new Manager comes out of it rather well.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 pm

I gather that CJ supported Lara for the post of Manager of the British 2012, well done CJ and all the others on the ECF Board that did so
Last edited by Mick Norris on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Steve Giddins wrote:...the announcement of a celebrity blindfold simultaneous display by Nigel Short, at Simpsons next August. I wonder why they decided on blindfold?

Perhaps so that nobody will be able to see what’s printed on CJ’s T-shirt?
:lol:

Andy Howie

Post by Andy Howie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Alex McFarlane wrote:Returning to topic

http://stevegiddinschessblog.wordpress. ... mpromises/

This is well worth a read. The new Manager comes out of it rather well.
Much as I am pleased for Lara and have congratulated her on her new appointment, I have to say I am disappointed for Alex who has in essence been sacked from the role.

This is not the way to treat people who put time and effort into the game.

For once I have to agree with Steve Giddins. I think he has this bang on the money and the board of the ECF should be hanging their heads in shame for their lack of handling of this situation.

Andy Howie

Post by Andy Howie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Not for the first time Ernie, I am in agreement with you

Andy Howie

Post by Andy Howie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Mods are fast in here!

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Andy Howie wrote:Mods are fast in here!
It was me!
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Andy Howie

Post by Andy Howie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:39 pm

I love Rammstein, my favourite Group.

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:07 pm

With regard to the Manager of Coaching queries,I can confirm I am holding the fort until Phil Ehr shortly appoints a successor. It is obviously taking him time to get accustomed to every aspect of the huge job that is Junior Director, so some small help is not out of place. We have chatted things over here in Brazil, agreed the time has come for change, hopefully to the benefit of all young players and we should all look forward to the future.

Alan Burke

Post by Alan Burke » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 am

Krishna Shiatis ... With regard to your post at 12.10pm on Wed 23 Nov; I am quite sure that if anyone has any comment regarding previous posts which they feel may affect them, they would be quite capable of answering for themselves without you attempting to become a ventriloquist and put words in their mouth. They might not always agree with what you say about them.

Carol Williams

Post by Carol Williams » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:29 am

"Krishna Shiatis ... With regard to your post at 12.10pm on Wed 23 Nov; I am quite sure that if anyone has any comment regarding previous posts which they feel may affect them, they would be quite capable of answering for themselves without you attempting to become a ventriloquist and put words in their mouth. They might not always agree with what you say about them."

Agree 100 per cent with Krishna as does the rest of the Williams family, in future please use Peter's name if you wish to refer to him. Peter may well make an account on here to make sure people get they facts right. For the record Mr Burke Peter has not played Junior chess for a very long time and I very much doubt he will play chess for the England junior team under the current selection process. In my opinion most of your comments toward Junior chess seem very negative. Also, it was a valid question we asked and Loz, David and Andrew have helpfully answered it.

Apologies Carl if this is going slightly off topic.