2011 World Chess Cup
-
Paul Cooksey
2011 World Chess Cup
Adams off to a good start with a Black win:
http://chess.ugrasport.com/?page_id=100 ... 1000110021
http://chess.ugrasport.com/?page_id=100 ... 1000110021
World Cup 2011
I am surprised that no one has yet commented on Mickey Adams win, in the first round yesterday, in the World Cup in Russia. There tournament web site is really good as well!!
-
David Sedgwick
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:56 pm
- Location: Croydon
- Contact:
Re: World Cup 2011
http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3420J. Moore wrote:I am surprised that no one has yet commented on Mickey Adams win, in the first round yesterday, in the World Cup in Russia.
One for the moderators to sort out, perhaps?
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Sorry guys I missed the original post....
-
Jon D'Souza-Eva
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
From the Wiki article about Mark Paragua (Adams' first round opponent):Paul Cooksey wrote:Adams off to a good start with a Black win:
http://chess.ugrasport.com/?page_id=100 ... 1000110021
Has anyone on here blamed getting married for loss of chess form?In January 2006 FIDE listed Paragua with a rating of 2618 enough to get him in the top 100, but his rating has dropped to 2521 since his marriage.
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Looks like Mickey is in serious trouble in the second game. Perhaps Paragua's wife told him off!
-
James Coleman
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:11 pm
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
It's not as bad as it was though. I think he can hold this
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Are you sure he can hold it??
-
James Coleman
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:11 pm
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Far from sure but Black will have to work really hard for the win if it's winnable at all. An hour ago I thought he was just busted
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Qh5 leaves white a horrible defensive task
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Sorry - now been played
- Christopher Kreuzer
- Posts: 10972
- Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 am
- Location: London
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
The website is reporting a win for Adams, which is good. I'll have to play through the game to see why there was doom and gloom earlier here.
EDIT:Ooops. I was looking at the match score, the game is still going! Looking bad for Adams. Rook against two bishops, two pawns each left on the kingside. Not a clue what should happen. I presume the lack of passed pawns helps Adams defend.
EDIT:Ooops. I was looking at the match score, the game is still going! Looking bad for Adams. Rook against two bishops, two pawns each left on the kingside. Not a clue what should happen. I presume the lack of passed pawns helps Adams defend.
Last edited by Christopher Kreuzer on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
That was the first game Chris doh! second game still going on.
- Christopher Kreuzer
- Posts: 10972
- Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 am
- Location: London
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Yeah, I realise that now!John Moore wrote:That was the first game Chris doh! second game still going on.
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: 2011 World Chess Cup
Think that it's won for Black - eventually f4 and f3 will do the job