Royal Wedding and chess tournaments

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Carl Hibbard

Re: Royal Wedding and chess tournaments

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Warren Kingston wrote:Jon- you imbecile- she was a Princess not a Prince
You seem to have deactivated your account since you have set it to an invalid email address Warren, so you need to contact me via email please
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Arshad Ali

Post by Arshad Ali » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:As every school-kid knows, she was: "Her Royal Highness The Princess Charles Philip Arthur George, Princess of Wales & Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland".
Seems like you're nobody without a string of titles to your name. Can't be received in polite society and all that. I've decided to buy one for myself and divest myself of my humble petty bourgeoisie origins. The Principality of Sealand is selling titles for 29.99 + 4.99 postage (not sure if VAT applies).

http://www.sealandgov.org/shop.html

Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

IanDavis wrote:At least one of you should try to imply that the homeless person's name is forgotten, rather than both trying to pedant bingo the e/a typo.
Where would this forum be without a nice game of pedant bingo? Steeve Guddons wouldn't have anything to moan about, for a start.
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:As every school-kid knows, she was: "Her Royal Highness The Princess Charles Philip Arthur George, Princess of Wales & Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland".
I think you're missing Great Stewardess of Scotland off that list (not to be confused with Great Stewardess of Ireland, which is an annual award given to an outstanding member of Ryanair's cabin crew).

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Michael Jones wrote:
IanDavis wrote:At least one of you should try to imply that the homeless person's name is forgotten, rather than both trying to pedant bingo the e/a typo.
Where would this forum be without a nice game of pedant bingo? Steeve Guddons wouldn't have anything to moan about, for a start.
I do hope Steve is taking this banter in the spirit in which it is given. I can foresee a long and amicable repartee between him and members of this forum at this rate! :mrgreen:
Michael Jones wrote:
I think you're missing Great Stewardess of Scotland off that list (not to be confused with Great Stewardess of Ireland, which is an annual award given to an outstanding member of Ryanair's cabin crew).
That award (the latter one) went to William's future mother-in-law, I believe.

[Pedantically, you would have to check the date when Charles became Great Steward of Scotland - his full titles are even longer, though the titles held by Charles's great-grandfather's cousin Nicky probably outdid all the others combined]

Arshad Ali

Post by Arshad Ali » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:36 am

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:[Pedantically, you would have to check the date when Charles became Great Steward of Scotland - his full titles are even longer, though the titles held by Charles's great-grandfather's cousin Nicky probably outdid all the others combined]
What about the other cousin, Willy?