weird dream - arbiting confusion

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Nick Grey

weird dream - arbiting confusion

Post by Nick Grey » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 pm

I suspect this dream was because of too much forum, comic relief, rugby, football, cheese and diet drinks after a long week at work.

Anyway it's the last round & about four hours left. The venue was split into 3 & any leaving meant leaving the playing area even for getting refreshments. I forgot to seek permission. Was absent for about an hour. But noticed all the other sections complete & my mate giving me a lift had left.

when I got back to the playing area it was empty apart from my board and opponent and three arbiters (Nick, Kevin, Jack) all were not amused.
Whilst considering what penalty & punishment to levy i said sorry for keeping you all waiting and i resign. My opponent says you can't resign and i think you are winning. I signed my score sheet with a loss to me but my opponent would not sign it. I then said I'm leaving because it is a long walk home.
The arbiters were a bit perplexed - a weird dream!

Kevin Thurlow

Re: weird dream - arbiting confusion

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:49 pm

"when I got back to the playing area it was empty apart from my board and opponent and three arbiters (Nick, Kevin, Jack) all were not amused."

That's ok - we had dinner whilst we were waiting!