Worrying times

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Martin Crichton

Re: Worrying times

Post by Martin Crichton » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Always makes me smile when Paul gets upset lol
I have even more good news. Recently landed a job and have been on the payroll since April 6th....already got a nice pay cheque on Friday 24th just passed.
So no need for me to head to Trumps America (although it is no secret that I am a fan of the great man)

You see there is plenty of money to me made right here in London...for sitting at home and twiddling my thumbs figureatively speaking of course ;)
POO (price of oil is nice and low now...another opportunity to make money me thinks)
stay safe all.
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Oh, I'm not upset at all. I just see you making a fool of yourself in public, with your illiterate racist jabberings and evidence free speculation, and think, what a waste. That you, too, are an immigrant, seems to go over your head in your general invective against immigrants and foreigners, which is quite clownish. Carry on.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:26 pm

Anyway, a general wish for goodwill to all is clearly demonstrated as pointless. Some simply have no goodwill in them.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:50 pm

I have one question for the permanently miserable and wretchedly misanthropic, on what is after all a chess forum, and that is, what have you done personally to help chess continue in these present difficult times and beyond? If the answer is nothing, and furthermore that you have only ill will to spread, then perhaps you might think again before posting.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:55 pm

And with that, I would ask Carl or Jack to close this thread. I think it has outlived any value it ever had.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:09 pm

An Orangeman? I have no idea which library you read your fiction from. As my father was Catholic, the Orange Order would not admit me, even if I were I to want to apply. As for being punched in the face (or any other part of my anatomy) by another chess-player, I suspect that some drunkard was telling you foolish lies, and you swallowed them whole. Either that or you just made up a lie yourself. As for the rest of your post, it's petty, pointless and mean-spirited; that someone should wish everyone well, and that you should then choose to be as unpleasant and boorish as you possibly can, as often as you can says a lot about you and absolutely nothing about me. The only point to your post is to troll and to be unpleasant, as indeed you make clear. And as the facts are, in fact, lies, it's also a libel.

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Bejabers, no wonder these are worrying times, it's a bit near the knuckle asking someone from Ireland who is living in London if they might be an Orangeman or, for that matter, a Nationalist.

Anyway, the former will tend to turn blue (or possibly yellow) and the latter from emerald to pea green when they stay here for long.

London is a World City in which the rulers of the rump of the British Empire have painstakingly succeeded in recreating their Empire in miniature - much as the Vatican is a multinational last living vestige of the Roman Empire.

So, why is it that after the British Empire has been dismembered and its minions have got back control of their lands, resources and institutions some significant demographic proportions of them - including Irishmen of all persuasions and none - all feel the need to up sticks and head to London?

And, in addition, there's always been invaders and refugees from mainland Europe coming over - joining the EU just formalised and regularised that. It's unclear what effect leaving the EU will have but Brexit did see something of an exodus back. The voters spoke and some migrants voted with their feet, but not all out since some decided to rush in before the drawbridge went up.

NB: I'm here in London due to an accident (WW II) of birth and remain so by necessity, but I would not choose to come here as anything but an incidental tourist.

What's the big attraction?

And, what do you call those who arbitrarily call others' posts racist? The self-righteous bros?

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:19 am

Paul McKeown wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:55 pm
And with that, I would ask Carl or Jack to close this thread. I think it has outlived any value it ever had.
I agree I don't have the time or patience to deal with this.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard