CCF Christmas IM Norm International 2009

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Scott Freeman

CCF Christmas IM Norm International 2009

Post by Scott Freeman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 am

I am starting the process of looking for players who might be interested in playing at CCF's Christmas events. So far, since the series of internationals started, we have had 13 norms scored in 14 norm seeking events, so I guess we must be doing something right! One thing we have done is to move the start date back a couple of dates since we were told of the big event in London. So now it will be starting on Wednesday 16 December and finishing on Sunday 20th. There will be the normal 10 player all-play-all for norms together with the 10 player Challenger event underneath it, for players to try and qualify for a future IM norm place. Details can be seen at http://www.ccfworld.com/Chess/Results/2 ... tional.htm. If you are interested, I would be pleased to hear from you by email - [email protected].

Scott Freeman

Re: CCF Christmas IM Norm International 2009

Post by Scott Freeman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 am

We have around 8-9 interested players but not quite the right balance to be able to go ahead as things stand. I have enough IM's interested, but not FM's. I have a couple of un-titled players but neither have a high rating. I will also need another non-English player I suspect. Is there anyone else interested? I need to make a decision in the next few days whether or not to go ahead.

The Challengers event will go ahead. I have 7 now confirmed and just 3 places left. The winner gtes a free entry into a future IM norm round robin event (or the equivelent credit towards future "international" events here at CCF.

We have already moved our dates to start on Wednesday 16 December (avoiding the London Classic) and finish on Sunday 20 December, although appreciate that not many will do both.

Anyone interested in invited to email me at [email protected] - or indeed if you are interested in future norm seeking or Challenger events.

IM Jack Rudd

Re: CCF Christmas IM Norm International 2009

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:15 am

I've posted an advertisement for this tournament on Facebook. With any luck, that might generate some responses.