Page 1 of 4
I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:53 am
by AlanLlewellyn
like i said i love Argentina but today at the olympiad Argentina vs England might see a silicon hand from god or two, being cynical
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:12 pm
by AlanLlewellyn
I hasten to add I in no way condone the use of silicon monsters in our play, and will be praying for honours even loving both people.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:07 pm
by Matt Mackenzie
Argies stuffed, just like 40 years ago

Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:37 pm
by AlanLlewellyn
The Argentinian people are rather nice like most people Matt, they attacked us trying to pull a fast one and we rightly gave them a bloody nose thanks to Marge but the ordinary Argentinian didnt deserve the nazi scum ruling them but they did feel castration from their dignity of manhood from the fact a small island 8000 miles away was ruling land just off theyre coast. What i would do is search for oil around there where it is accessible and pay half the funds to argentina also pay a fee for giving the land out to argentina and renting it back for the people there- also make it an international protectorate for the falkland islanders, to protect their rights.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:44 pm
by AlanLlewellyn
taiwan could do the same thing with china and we could do the same thing in gibraltar and isreal and palestine could make working states by going t=back to the 1948 understanding after 100 years of peace by renting out various land to each other but keeping the 50-50 land ownership rule intact.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:47 pm
by AlanLlewellyn
i dont think the policy would work in northern ireland i think its best getting to a united nations of ireland based on a similar principle to the make up of british nations, by joining ireland to britain again but this time as a full partner not a vassal.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:55 pm
by Matt Mackenzie
AlanLlewellyn wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:37 pm
The Argentinian people are rather nice like most people Matt
Just joshing, mate.
I have never been there but my parents did not so long after the war (1990ish) and my dad in particular totally fell in love with the place - thought they were generally amongst the best people he ever came across (and he travelled a fair bit)
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:37 pm
by Joey Stewart
In chess terms I never found Argentinians to be overly "nice" - they seem to have an especially high propensity of cheating players I have to report, second only to Russians, but I did also notice this only began happening earlier this year so it is quite possible the players I am encountering are not truly from Argentina and just using the flag as a cover.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:37 pm
by AlanLlewellyn
Joey Stewart wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:37 pm
In chess terms I never found Argentinians to be overly "nice" - they seem to have an especially high propensity of cheating players I have to report, second only to Russians, but I did also notice this only began happening earlier this year so it is quite possible the players I am encountering are not truly from Argentina and just using the flag as a cover.
you mean online Joey, i find the russians ok but that may be because of my politics but have grown weary of 'certain' nationalities like the Brazilians, the colombians, the mexicans more so than the Argentinians.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:44 pm
by JustinHorton
Are we really going to discuss which nationalities we like and which we don't
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:19 pm
by AlanLlewellyn
of course not i meant to add that i was weary because they were always cheating online, i find your insinuating iam prejudiced peculiar
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:26 am
by Chris Goodall
You tell them, Alan. It's not like you think ALL Latin Americans are cheats, is it? Just the ones from the four most populous countries, which between them contain two-thirds of the population.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 am
by Roger Lancaster
JustinHorton wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:44 pm
Are we really going to discuss which nationalities we like and which we don't
Quite so. It's the sort of discussion which brings this forum into disrepute.
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:13 am
by John Sellen
"you mean online Joey, i find the russians ok but that may be because of my politics but have grown weary of 'certain' nationalities like the Brazilians, the colombians, the mexicans more so than the Argentinians."
Alan your comments are racist and in my view totally unacceptable on this forum. Please take your ramblings elsewhere. This is a very useful forum to discuss chess matters. If you are going to comment please stick to chess
Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:47 am
by AlanLlewellyn
John Sellen wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:13 am
"you mean online Joey, i find the russians ok but that may be because of my politics but have grown weary of 'certain' nationalities like the Brazilians, the colombians, the mexicans more so than the Argentinians."
Alan your comments are racist and in my view totally unacceptable on this forum. Please take your ramblings elsewhere. This is a very useful forum to discuss chess matters. If you are going to comment please stick to chess
on icc certain nationalties cheat others rarely do i love brazilians, columbians and very much so mexicans but in my opinion when they all play faultlessly and take all my pieces i assume the worst sorry. my politics are left wing not extreme right.