Four arbiting queries

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Chris Goodall

Re: Four arbiting queries

Post by Chris Goodall » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:23 pm

Matt Mackenzie wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:26 pm
Descriptive really isn't *that* hard to understand, at least when done properly (ie without many of the ambiguities that can plague it)
I might be the only junior to have requested permission to score games in descriptive in the 21st century. Having learnt chess from books published in the early 70s, I thought it perfectly absurd that the square f6 from White's perspective should not be called c3 from Black's.
Donate to Sabrina's fundraiser at https://gofund.me/aeae42c7 to support victims of sexual abuse in the chess world.

Northumberland webmaster, Jesmond CC something-or-other. Views mine. Definitely below the Goodall Line.

NickFaulks

Re: Four arbiting queries

Post by NickFaulks » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:01 pm

Chris Goodall wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:23 pm
I thought it perfectly absurd that the square f6 from White's perspective should not be called c3 from Black's.
I have played the Sicilian all my life, but a year ago decided to try 1.c4, so that after 1...e5 I would get as far as possible some Sicilian with an extra move. Results mixed, but when I look at my scoresheet afterwards I still find that half of my moves have the board the wrong way round.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.