Page 1 of 2

New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 4:26 pm
by MJMcCready
Hi there, this is indeed a cracking forum but I have some questions. As a website its a bit on the dull side. Can't we get new features, themes would be great too, different icons. It does look like a very dated forum, some interface options would be great if possible. Twitter now X did it, that sort of thing. Thoughts?

I like dark theme for everything and higher contrast. Most sites give you these options.

Thoughts?

Re: New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 5:30 pm
by John Upham
MJMcCready wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 23, 2024 4:26 pm
Hi there, this is indeed a cracking forum but I have some questions. As a website its a bit on the dull side. Can't we get new features, themes would be great too, different icons. It does look like a very dated forum, some interface options would be great if possible. Twitter now X did it, that sort of thing. Thoughts?

I like dark theme for everything and higher contrast. Most sites give you these options.

Thoughts?
May I ask what you expected to see out on a phpBB forum web site? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain...

Answers on a postcard please.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 5:36 pm
by MJMcCready
Already stated. How about light and dark theme, text colour, simple things that all apps and many websites now. I don't think that's much to asnwer. Customization has been around for some time already. Can't the creators be contacted about this? Just opions over customization really.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 5:41 pm
by John Upham
MJMcCready wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 23, 2024 5:36 pm
Already stated. How about light and dark theme, text colour, simple things that all apps and many websites now. I don't think that's much to asnwer. Customization has been around for some time already. Can't the creators be contacted about this? Just opions over customization really.
I for one I most satisfied at what this forum has and continues to achieve since December 8th 2006. We owe Carl an enormous debt of gratitude for the work put in over the last 18 years.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 5:53 pm
by MJMcCready
Well there's no doubting that but like I said, some modernisation to make it more customizable would be great and more in line with the current trend. What X did would sufffice. Different themes and font colours.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 7:26 pm
by NickFaulks
To whom it may concern, please leave it it the way it is.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 7:45 pm
by Nick Ivell
We need to bring in Elon Musk to sort us all out!

Re: New features.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 9:10 pm
by NickFaulks
Nick Ivell wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 23, 2024 7:45 pm
We need to bring in Elon Musk to sort us all out!
Is the ECForum wasting shedloads of money?

Re: New features.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 2:38 am
by MJMcCready
I just thought it would be nice if I could do the same as I did with X, get a dark theme and change font colours, that's all.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:42 am
by Clive Wismayer
Replies from dinosaurs here are interesting & characteristic.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:43 am
by Tim Spanton
If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Re: New features.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:52 am
by NickFaulks
Clive Wismayer wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:42 am
Replies from dinosaurs here are interesting & characteristic.
Better than boring and characteristic.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 9:14 am
by IM Jack Rudd
MJMcCready wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2024 2:38 am
I just thought it would be nice if I could do the same as I did with X, get a dark theme and change font colours, that's all.
The issue with this is that sites like this have post-level formatting in a way that X doesn't. For example, I can post this and be sure it will stand out, which isn't necessarily the case if you've changed your text colour, or worse, your background colour, to red.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 10:30 am
by Clive Wismayer
IM Jack Rudd wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2024 9:14 am
MJMcCready wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2024 2:38 am
I just thought it would be nice if I could do the same as I did with X, get a dark theme and change font colours, that's all.
The issue with this is that sites like this have post-level formatting in a way that X doesn't. For example, I can post this and be sure it will stand out, which isn't necessarily the case if you've changed your text colour, or worse, your background colour, to red.
What’s wrong with having the choice? You don’t have to change anything yourself.

Re: New features.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 10:31 am
by Clive Wismayer
NickFaulks wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:52 am
Clive Wismayer wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:42 am
Replies from dinosaurs here are interesting & characteristic.
Better than boring and characteristic.
Scintillating repartee! :mrgreen: