Page 1 of 1

Congress Leaflets for Derbyshire & Nottingham Rapidplays

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:02 am
by Neil Limbert
I had a Royal Mail Postcard pushed through my letter box stating they were holding a letter for me but the sender had put insufficient stamps on it. To retrieve the letter I had to visit my local Post Office and pay £1.16 (!!) handling costs. Thinking it might be something important, I went and paid.
To my disgust, it was just an envelope containing Entry Forms for the Derbyshire & Nottingham Rapidplays! The idiot who posted them has used an envelope slightly larger then the A5 format.
I am therefore assuming that many such envelopes have been sent out & that a lot of chess players have either:-
1/ Not bothered to pay the fee & collect the letter
2/ Are a little bit peeved like me.
Does anyone know who is responsible for this mailing shot? :( :?:

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:04 pm
by Sean Hewitt
At a rought guess, maybe it was the organiser of one or other of the events?!! :oops:

Notts/Derbyshire Rapidplay Entry Forms

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:40 am
by Geoff Gibson
I am the organiser of the Derbyshire Rapidplay event and believe the problem has been caused by a few rogue envelopes used for sending out the mailshot, although these were approved by the post office before they were sent.

I apologise to anyone who has received a simlar communication from Royal Mail and would ask anyone who has done so and not collected their letter not to do so. If anyone requires entry forms for the Derbyshire event, they may be obtained either from myself or the tournament website at: http://mysite.orange.co.uk/derbyrapidplay2007. Notts forms are available from:http://www.nottschess.org

Anyone who has suffered unnecessary expense as a result of this may deduct the postage cost from their entry fee should they choose to play in the event.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:30 pm
by Nigel Wright
In my opinion, the blame is on the Royal Mail for making different costs for different envelopes...