chess memorabilia for charity on ebay

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Matthew Turner

Re: chess memorabilia for charity on ebay

Post by Matthew Turner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:49 am

We've only got a day and a half left and those posters seem to be going for a steal. I've put in joke bids and I think I have them all at present. Whilst there is nothing more that I would like than having the faces of Adams, Kramnik, Nakamura and Howell beaming at me across the breakfast table ever day, can we have some serious bids please.

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Suddenly a raft of E-mails, you've been outbid, you've been outbid, you've been outbid. Howell gone, Kramnik gone, alas Nakamura is mine no more. Surely this philestine can have no appreciation of art if he (or could it be a she) is prepared to dash my hopes in such a callous way.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Thats often the ebay way, you think you have got yourself a steal but somebody snipes you in the last 30 seconds of the auction before there is opportunity to counter attack...
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

mattpiper

Post by mattpiper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Many thanks to everyone for bidding on these items. Between them they raised well over £300 which is incredibly generous and much appreciated by both me and everybody at Sparks. It's very kind of you all.

For the record I finished the marathon in 4hr 11mins and have found it virtually impossible to climb up and down any stairs since - my knees have gone on strike!

Many thanks again.

Matt

Carol Williams

Post by Carol Williams » Fri May 07, 2010 12:28 am

OK I confess I got the chess board, :D Peter is enjoying playing on it. Anyone going to "own up" to winning the other items :?:

Well done to Matt to completing the Marathon.