Writing down your move......with a giant pencil

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
David Sedgwick

Re: Writing down your move......with a giant pencil

Post by David Sedgwick » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:28 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:Hi Harry. Good to see you on the Forum.

I chaired the Appeal Committee. I can't remember who the third member was - can you?
Simon Bibby wrote:'Twas me David. Most distressed not to be remembered. But thanks for the post-Appeals beer!
Big darned teddy it was too. Though, do remember his Dutch opponent had taken bets with his mates that he was gonna complain. Fair play to him.
Remember we asked to have it brought in, though whether as witness, culprit or evidence unclear to me, even at the time.

Re cultural expressions, a haka would certainly be interesting.
I made sure that our Japanese team expressed ourselves at the Calvia 2004 Olympiad prizegiving, where we got Category E gold (whoopydoo).
Led team yells of BANZAI!!!!! onstage (3x, arms outstretched in air in traditional fashion). Shocked Campomanes who dropped the medals, silly sod. Mind you, could have been old war memories coming back...

"BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAIIIIIIII!"
Hi Simon. Good to see you on the Forum too.

I'm sorry that I've distressed you by forgetting you. I'll buy you another beer next time I see you. Mind you, you'll have to remind me. or I'll forget that as well.

One thing I do remember is that it was Harry who asked to have the mascot brought in. I didn't know anything about the Dutchman's side bets - if I had, I might have voted for a double default.