the longest no-losing streak.

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Joey Stewart

Re: the longest no-losing streak.

Post by Joey Stewart » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:32 pm

I think I could live with getting battered by super grand masters if I was getting paid the big appearence fees they get.

Best unbeaten streak I had was from 2004-2006 in the coventry league - getting 24.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:43 pm

My longest ever unbeaten streak was 43 games; my longest ever winning streak was 17.

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 pm

My longest unbeaten run in the Southend and District Chess League is 36 - that does include playing some decent players. Lost it at the end of last season when I hung a piece. Details are available at Howard Grist's excellent site.

Ben Purton

Post by Ben Purton » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:27 pm

THE GENTLEMAN JOHN MOORE!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GOOD THEY NAMED A UNIVERSITY AFTER HIM!
I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night - Bill Hicks
I would die happy if I beat Wood Green in the Eastman Cup final - Richmond LL captain.
Hating the Yankees since 2002. Hating the Jets since 2001.

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi Ben :oops:

Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:I think I could live with getting battered by super grand masters if I was getting paid the big appearence fees they get.

Best unbeaten streak I had was from 2004-2006 in the coventry league - getting 24.
Yes, but most of those were division 2 games. I think my longest unbeaten run in division 1 is only about 5 or 6.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm currently on my longest unbeaten streak in the Birmingham League: 9 games if you include 2 at the end of last season. I even have the results because I'm a bit odd like that:

Derek Green W (SC)
Jason Cole W (R)
Matthew Eaton D (WQ)
Andrew Wiggins D (R)
Philomena Lip W (SB)
Ken Warren W (SL)
Chris Evans W (MC)
Karol Grzywaczewski W (O)
Alan Woollaston W (MC)

6/7 this season, and 5 wins a row. I've greatly benefited from adjournments though, two of these wins came when opponent's either couldn't be bothered to turn up, or forgot to tell me they weren't turning up. It's bound to come to an end (probably in a league game where the result is crucial...), but I'm doing well at the moment!

This would probably be worth shouting about if it weren't in Division Four. :oops:

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:54 pm

I had embarked on a drawing run but it's now been converted to a games without a win run :oops:

Tristan Clayton

Post by Tristan Clayton » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Next month I will be starting a 9-game winless streak on the bottom boards of the Hastings Masters. :cry:
Follow me on Twitter @BackRankTristan for a patzer's-eye view of the amateur chess world: 140-character book reviews, ill-informed opinion, cartoon updates from the Back Rank, and other assorted chess rubbish.

http://www.twitter.com/backranktristan

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:22 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:I even have the results because I'm a bit odd like that
You think it's odd that a chess player knows the results of the games they've played recently? Have you never met any of those players that have detailed records going back years and years of all the games they've ever played, and the precise state of their grade at this moment in time, and a detailed database of all their opening variations? Oh, those players are called grandmasters! :lol:

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote:I even have the results because I'm a bit odd like that
You think it's odd that a chess player knows the results of the games they've played recently? Have you never met any of those players that have detailed records going back years and years of all the games they've ever played, and the precise state of their grade at this moment in time
I am one of those players. :oops:

Keith Arkell

Post by Keith Arkell » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:19 am

I believe that GM Nick Pert is currently 50 something unbeaten,unless there is some recent loss that I am unaware of

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 am

Keith Arkell wrote:I believe that GM Nick Pert is currently 50 something unbeaten,unless there is some recent loss that I am unaware of
When I saw your name on the post, I was half-expecting you to say you held some sort of record here! :)

Keith Arkell

Post by Keith Arkell » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:40 am

No not I lol - I'm currently limping along at a mere 11(+9 =2)

Alan Walton

Post by Alan Walton » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 am

Keith is correct in a way

Nick is currently on an unbeaten run of 52 FIDE games, though he doesn't say anything about non-FIDE games

Unfortunately, I lost my first ECF graded of this season game last week (against AA Smith), after a run of 15 undefeated (+11 =4) against an average grade of 183, just now have to start again