Thanks in advance - and if nothing exists for free, at least I've tried and asked!
Cheerio,
John
If you have some language skills there are some hereJohn Sargent wrote:Does anybody know of a free (simple is fine) chess pairing program suitable for use in an internal championship or club night of some description? I'm looking for any program that can pair people according to a Swiss system for a simple tournament (under 30 players), and possibly print out a crosstable and current standings sheet.
Thanks in advance - and if nothing exists for free, at least I've tried and asked!
Cheerio,
John
It is, but the publishing options are very valuable even if you are doing manual pairings.Alex Holowczak wrote:Try learning how to do the pairings manually. It's far more rewarding.
I couldn't agree more, pairing (by hand) is one of the parts of running a congress I enjoy the most.Alex Holowczak wrote:Try learning how to do the pairings manually. It's far more rewarding.
I use that. Beware of the pairings, they're not always correct - particularly with floats. I believe Dave Welch is/has been working with the programmer though to make improvements to that. It's ideal for the ECF grading list though, and produces a grading file that you can send off to the ECF. It's much easier than wading through pairing cards!Laurie Roberts wrote:Actually, ignore the last post, I have found this: http://www.tournamentdirector.co.uk/
I'll take your Mac, and raise you an Ubuntu.James Toon wrote:Does anyone know of a pairings program that works on a Mac? We Mac users are the poor relations of the chess world.
Many thanks for this; I didn't know it existed! Will try it out properly later on.Laurie Roberts wrote:I use ubuntu on my netbook. For chess database and playing against the comp, I use SCID but when you download it through the software centre you won't have an icon, you need to go to the command line and type "SCID" to get it to work