Page 1 of 1

Letters in The Times

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:31 am
by Paul Littlewood
There has been an article about the benefits of chess to children in The Times recently and then several follow-up letters. I wrote a reply to a letter on Wednesday but I see that Stewart also did and got his letter published. What is the secret Stewart ? .....because I notice that you have had several letters published over the years whereas I have only ever had one !

Re: Letters in The Times

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:15 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
I know someone who got a letter published in the Evening Standard, and they said they were on a list of people the editor at the time would contact if they wanted letters on a certain subject (in this case, local politics) published. I've always been a bit suspicious of letter columns ever since. The way to get a mobile phone txt message published in Metro, it seems (for instance), is to moan creatively about how you've never been published before, and hey presto! I doubt this would work for The Times though.

Re: Letters in The Times

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 pm
by David Sedgwick
Paul Littlewood wrote:What is the secret Stewart ? .....because I notice that you have had several letters published over the years whereas I have only ever had one !
I think it helps if you have an official position, currently ECF Director of Marketing in Stewart's case.