Page 1 of 1

Heart warming story

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:37 pm
by PeterTurland
Came across this on Susan Polgar's blog and thought it deserved a wider audience.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5965666

Re: Heart warming story

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:54 pm
by Krishna Shiatis
PeterTurland wrote:Came across this on Susan Plogar's blog and thought it deserved a wider audience.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5965666
Wow! It certainly puts our lives into perspective. I will look out for her in the future and hope she does well.

Re: Heart warming story

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 pm
by Johnathan Rothwell
Thank you for sharing this.

New year note to self: Never moan about unimportant things ever again!

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own life I forget about others, I should read this every day.

Re: Heart warming story

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:41 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
Thanks for posting this. It was certainly eye-opening reading.

Phiona Mutesi - Game of her life

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm
by JustinHorton
Unmissable piece about one of the Ugandan women's team at the 2010 Olympiad.

Re: Phiona Mutesi - Game of her life

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 pm
by John Moore
Justin - don't always agree with you. But what can I say - I haven't read it all yet but I just wanted to say that everyone on the Forum should read this!

Re: Heart warming story

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:56 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer

Re: Heart warming story

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:14 pm
by Peter D Williams
Afternoon All

I wonder if chess has saved some one here in the UK?

Time for a bit of the Jam to brighten up a Tuesday afternoon enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1ct5yEuVY

Re: Heart warming story

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:04 pm
by Roland Kensdale
On iplayer - 3 mins

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_5/

New video about Phiona Mutesi in Uganda - from 10.47 to 13.16

Part of a program about Queen's baton relay.

Available until 9th March.​

Re: Heart warming story

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:30 pm
by Roland Kensdale