Page 1 of 1

Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:45 pm
by Neil Graham
Could we please try to get this right in future? The situation this year has been less than satisfactory.

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:30 pm
by Sean Hewitt
Neil,

You are the master of understatement!!

The complete fiasco of the ever changing draw begs the question - What is the point of publishing a provisional draw?

Sean

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 pm
by Neil Graham
Sean Hewitt wrote:Neil,

You are the master of understatement!!

The complete fiasco of the ever changing draw begs the question - What is the point of publishing a provisional draw?

Sean
At last! Someone considers I'm a chess master. :D

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:00 am
by Nigel Wright
Neil Graham wrote:At last! Someone considers I'm a chess master. :D
Haha, it's great when someone can be facetious in the face of a major balls-up! :wink:

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:02 am
by Carl Hibbard
Neil Graham wrote:Could we please try to get this right in future? The situation this year has been less than satisfactory.
How hard can it be?

:?

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:26 pm
by Andrew_Moore
I think the county Championships draw was done as per the rules. Good luck to everyone in the competition.

Regards

:D

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:30 am
by Charles W. Wood
Andrew_Moore wrote:If you all think it is so easy to do, I would like to know which of you is going to volunteer to do the job next year. If not one of you takes it on, then surely you are hypocrits - criticise it when something didn't go fully to plan, but ain't prepared to put the time in yourself - so come on, which of you is going to be brave - cus I think it will be none.

Lets see if you can prove me wrong - or just write more comments for which the total membership of the forum (About 10 ppl) can read over and over again.

:D
I have no feelings on this subject what so ever, as it does not effect me at all. So here goes, there is an issue here, is there a way of doing the draw so whoever is drawn has it written in stone. A bit like the FA Cup?

You have to treat me like an idiot here because I have never been involved but I would like to understand how it works and what the problems are.

Thanks

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:21 pm
by Sean Hewitt
Andrew_Moore wrote:If you all think it is so easy to do, I would like to know which of you is going to volunteer to do the job next year. If not one of you takes it on, then surely you are hypocrits - criticise it when something didn't go fully to plan, but ain't prepared to put the time in yourself - so come on, which of you is going to be brave - cus I think it will be none.

Lets see if you can prove me wrong - or just write more comments for which the total membership of the forum (About 10 ppl) can read over and over again.

:D
Andrew,

I'm not sure that this kind of reply does you any credit, any more than a terse two word reply to a formal email complaining about the situation does.

If there is a vacancy for the County Championship Controller I will volunteer to fill it.

Re: Counties Championship Draw

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:23 pm
by Mick Norris
Sean

You would be good at the job, I'm sure, but is it the turn of someone outside the MCCU to step forward?

Mick