Subscription concessions?

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Alex Holowczak

Re: Subscription concessions?

Post by Alex Holowczak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Adam Raoof wrote:I have been at funerals where nobody knew the stranger who wandered in off the street and ate most of the sandwiches.
Sorry about that. :oops:

Sebastian Stone

Post by Sebastian Stone » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote:I am big enough and ugly enough to look after myself especially where cowards who hide behind a keyboard are concerned. Face to face I doubt they have much fortitude!
Seriously, this is a chess forum to discuss chess, well and other stuff. Now if you want to play keyboard warrior there are plenty of other forums around where you'll fit right in.
AKA Scott Stone

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day, set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

That's Mr Stone to you, f**kface.

chrisobee

Post by chrisobee » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote:I am big enough and ugly enough to look after myself especially where cowards who hide behind a keyboard are concerned. Face to face I doubt they have much fortitude!

An example of the scroungers I refer to. Last year at a northern congress a chess player who was not staying at the hotel where the event was being held walked into the restaraunt and casually helped himself to a free breakfast, when confronted he offered a small version of the actual cost and to keep the hotel management happy the organisers had to make up the difference. I could go on but you get the point. Individuals like these should be driven out of the game they do nothing to help improve an image thats about as low as it gets. Lets not get started on the rag tags who walk around like tramps adding to the poor image (we have visited this topic before)
That is pretty ironic given the comments you make with gay abandon ! Who are the "cowards who hide behind a keyboard? " . If someone posts using a false name, as I have seen often on other forums, then that might be seen as cowardly if they attack others. For myself on EVERY forum I post I deliberately use my real name when many don't, for one thing it helps you to keep a sense of perspective. So for myself anything I say here I would say to your face, once again though you are guessing that people would have no "fortitude". Do you work on the principle that if you spout enough rubbish once in a while you will be right ? Just a thought...
"Men who for truth and honour's sake
Stand fast and suffer long.
Brave men who work while others sleep,
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky. " Ralph Waldo Emerson

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:47 pm

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Darlington chess club charges £23 membership for employed people £16.00 for retired students and the unemployed and £7.50 for juniors who play league chess in those fees is the £12.00 mo fee and £7.50 junior mo fee.
On top of that you have to join the club where we get a free room from so thats another £5 more overall i think our members get a good deal.Cheap chess plus cheap drinks in the club lol
Last edited by IM Jack Rudd on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Because while bird noises may be inexpensive, they are not spelled the same way.
I am speaking here for myself and not the NCCU which i am now president of

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:41 pm

opps sorry Jack lol

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Ok i think our membership gets very good value for money is that better for you gramatically lol