British Championships 2012

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Brendan O'Gorman

Re: British Championships 2012

Post by Brendan O'Gorman » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Eoin Devane wrote:
Brendan O'Gorman wrote:To a degree. The Olympics run from 27 July-12 Aug 2012. However, the chess finishes on 4 August which will be in time for the more important Olympic events.
More important? You've opened a can of worms there! :wink:
You're right. Let me correct myself by saying that the events that interest me won't start before 5 August. I hope to discover next week which events I'll be going to. £131 has been charged to my credit card, so it can't be more than two.

Eoin Devane

Post by Eoin Devane » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 pm

I've had £66 charged myself, which I know from the availability tables must be two for the Women's Football final. Not exactly your traditional Olympic event, but I'm pleased that it's a final. Given that 2/3 of applicants seem to have got nothing (including seemingly almost everyone I know!), I guess we should count ourselves lucky!

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:00 am

David Clayton wrote:Most congresses ask for a Self Stamped Address Envelope for people wishing to receive confirmation of entry, I could not see this on the pdf entry form, perhaps this is something they could add in the future so people like yourself will know their entry has been received.
Even if Congresses don't offer online entry, it's quite normal for the names to be listed on a web-site or be acknowledged by email.

In fact the front page of the British 2011 website is or was misleading, because the entrant list has been updated and Matt's entry shown.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 am

I notice that the entry form I sent off on 10th June doesn't seem to have arrived. :(

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:54 am

The possible Olympics clash hadn't occurred to me (far too far in the future) - I too am eagerlay awaiting to see what I've actually got ... after taking off delivery cost and the programme - I'm still left with a couple of possible combinations to get to the total charged.... hopefully a tennis final in there - again not your typical olympic event, but as Adam says so many people seem to have got zip must count myself lucky..

If people are playing at parks - thye could think about getting tickets to some of the Olympic fottie matches at St James if they've not all gone?!