Charlie Storey for new ECF President

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Charlie Storey

Re: Charlie Storey for new ECF President

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Okay Here is the solution.

1. CJ has put in 16k. even if in my opinion it was not in the interest of Fair Play it's still a very good deed.

2. Clearly he is quite well liked even though he clearly got this one wrong.

3. He got his toys out when Lara, quite correctly, raised a concern.

Soloution

Give him a second chance - bring him up to speed on promoting sensitive issues.

Keep him on until the next ECF election and even give him his chance for re-election.

With regard to me being the next ECF President - I don't want to do it, I simply think it needs me or its gonna break if my information is correct.

Anyway - I hope you enjoy my next video on The White Sniper - It's sort of The Dynamic English on Sniper Steroids!

Show him this posting - it will persuade him to stay.

Best Wishes to all the chess community;

The Sniper Chief. :)

www.CharlieChess.com
FIDE Master/FIDE Trainer PGCE Won170+ Opens
Many National Junior Champions 1-1
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
England junior Team Coach 2008-19
Head of WCJS
Https://ChessSERVICESmap.com
https://chesscasestudy.gr8.com/
www.QueensGambitAcademy.com

David Grobler

Post by David Grobler » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Well played Charlie...you have kept me entertained all today...... :)

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I think I am Top Forum Entertainer! :-)
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Lol no mate

Just a Clown - :-)

(With a 3000 IQ!)
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Alex McFarlane

Post by Alex McFarlane » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Charlie,

Would you please be kind enough to tell me which arbiter you informed that you were withdrawing from the Major Open this year? None of the three arbiters involved in that event were aware of your withdrawal.

Would you also be kind enough to give the time of your withdrawal? If this was before 9pm then we owe the person who was paired against you in the following round an apology.

The arbiters of the event were told by a third party that they believed you had told someone to tell us that you had withdrawn. This conversation took place on the morning of the round.

I would also suggest that in future should you have reason to withdraw as well as telling the arbiters you may consider telling your flatmates. They then may have been able to confirm your departure.

Thomas Rendle

Post by Thomas Rendle » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:21 pm

The whole thread is frankly ridiculous and imo shouldn't be taken seriously. I can't think of many of the professional/semi-pro players who would support him (or even tolerate him) and the idea of him having a serious role within the ECF is laughable - or it would be if I didn't think he might be serious.

Thomas Rendle

Post by Thomas Rendle » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:27 pm

On another (more serious) note, I sincerely hope and expect the ECF to turn down CJ's offer of resignation. CJ has done great things for British Chess and long may it continue.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Thomas Rendle wrote:The whole thread is frankly ridiculous and imo shouldn't be taken seriously. I can't think of many of the professional/semi-pro players who would support him (or even tolerate him) and the idea of him having a serious role within the ECF is laughable - or it would be if I didn't think he might be serious.
The interesting issue is whether he could muster the necessary support to for his name to appear on the ballot paper.

Before someone asks, the required level of support is:

(a) any Director; or
(b) the FIDE Delegate; or
(c) the Chairman of a Standing Committee; or
(d) any two Trustees; or
(e) any Representative Member of a Constituent Unit; or
(f) any two Representative Members of Counties; or
(g) any two Direct Members’ Representatives; or
(h) any two of a Trustee, a Representative Member of a County and a Direct Members’ Representative; or
(i) any five Members of Council.

I have paraphrased slightly.

Steve Barrett

Post by Steve Barrett » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Charlie - in the extremely unlikely event that you are voted in as president, please promise us you'll continue the theme and wear one of your delightful Jesus Army T-shirts when you present the prizes at a future British Chess Championship...
And the evidence from the arbiters posted on here suggests you didn't tell anyone before you took your bat and ball home in the Major Open this year after losing to a junior and left someone without a game the next day.
The credentials and behaviour of an effective leader? I think not.
Just sayin'.

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Charlie Storey wrote:
1. £750k that was left to develop junior chess sits locked in Trustees accounts who won't utilise it.
2. The ECF is on course for Bankruptcy unless there are some radical changes.
3. I will unlock this money and build on my university education which examined chess business and Internet interaction.
4. Junior Squad Selection more transparent.
5. Official ECF Chess Shop and monies pumped back in to Chess Players. -not Online entrepreneurs.
6. Online Chess Clubs directly attached to ECF not Online entrepreneurs.
10. 1 Professional in every County / Coaching / Developing / Promoting / Problem Solving.
12. Chess on Sky BBC and a Gambling facility for none chess players to tweek their interest.

I'm interested in the above points. Are you serious, or are you mucking about I really can't tell, either way you might have some good ideas? I especially like the professional in every county idea. If you are serious just ignore the pointless 'sniper' attack style posts and respond to those aimed at discussing new ideas, even if they seem a bit out there?

Ecf grade 149, Hours volunteered 20

Munroe Morrison

Post by Munroe Morrison » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:44 pm

In a way, it’s a shame that Charlie is not going to run for ECF president.

I would have loved to have seen the effect of an army of English juniors, all trained to attack the centre with …g6 & ...c5 by a course of compulsory ‘Sniper Theme Tournaments’. This bandana led crew would eventually lead us to conquer the might of the French, German and Russian chess teams, thus leaving us the undisputed number one chess power on continental Europe.

Our loss, I guess, but I can but dream of what could have been… :cry:

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Munroe Morrison wrote:In a way, it’s a shame that Charlie is not going to run for ECF president.

I would have loved to have seen the effect of an army of English juniors, all trained to attack the centre with …g6 & ...c5 by a course of compulsory ‘Sniper Theme Tournaments’. This bandana led crew would eventually lead us to conquer the might of the French, German and Russian chess teams, thus leaving us the undisputed number one chess power on continental Europe.

On a serious note, the prospect of trying to stop them playing against adult opposition until the age of 16 was unthinkable. I hope it was a tongue in cheek suggestion along with some of his other erm, more creative ideas :?

Andrew Bak

Post by Andrew Bak » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Munroe Morrison wrote:In a way, it’s a shame that Charlie is not going to run for ECF president.

I am saddened by these latest developments relating to CJ's lack of resignation and regret that the scenario that Munroe described will never happen... :roll:

On a serious note, this description of British chess nirvana rather reminded me of this amusing clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Cj1b-rp1E

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Has Cj offer to stay now!! i do think some of your ideas are rubbish and i agreed with alan walton, does it matter what your ecf or fide rating!!
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:47 pm

I am extremely pleased to read Andrew Farthing's statement and hope that we can now move on without any further debate or indeed resignations.

As regards anyone standing for President or indeed any other of the Directorships, I am sure the ECF would welcome nominations. How often do we read criticism of the Federation and its officers of these forums - yet find someone who is willing to take on the onerous tasks that being a Director entails? I forecast, as usual with confidence, that there will be no elections this year - all candidates to be returned unopposed.