Page 1 of 1

U125 County Championship Results

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:57 pm
by Mike Creaney
I Feel these results should be on the main site,there not ,so here they are:
( and yes i am from Cleveland :) )

NCCU -U125 County Championships 06/07
Lancashire 4 Yorkshire 8
Durham 6 Cleveland 6
Cheshire & NW 6 Lancashire 6
Cleveland 6½ Yorkshire 5½
Cleveland 7 Lancashire 5
Yorkshire 9½ Cheshire & NW 2½

Cleveland P3 W3 D0 L0 F20 A16 Pts 6
Yorkshire P3 W2 D0 L1 F23 A13 Pts 4
Cheshire & NW P3 W0 D1 L2 F14 A22 Pt 1
Lancashire P3 W0 D1 L2 F15 A21 Pt 1

*Durham Withdrawn -their match v Cleveland is Void

NCCU U-125 Champions* 06-07 Cleveland

National Stages Draw
Warwicks v Kent
Norfolk v Cleveland
Essex v Derbys
Hants v Yorkshire

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:22 pm
by Chris Stratford
Good to see Yorkshire doing well.

Do you know who represents the White Rose, Mike?

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:28 pm
by Mike Creaney
Here is the Yorkshire U-125 Squad 06-07 ,Chris
Adam,D –Ilkley,Harrogate
Andrews,N –York RI
Beavers,M –York RI
Burton,S –West Leeds
Cartlidge,C – West Leeds
Dow,M-Alwoodley
Frankland,J -Alwoodley
Johnson,S-Ikley,Alwoodley
Limbert,N - ?
Pearce,N -York RI
Robson,O - York RI
Shakhlevitch,N-Alwoodley
South,R -Alwoodley
Spencer,S –Pontefract
Strickland,I -West Leeds
Summerland,D –West Leeds
Wheldon,T – West Leeds

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 pm
by Chris Stratford
Thanks, Mike.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:53 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Perhaps I need to add a grade range type lookup to the Online Database to help with this sort of lookup?

You can do this:-
http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/getco ... YOR&sort=2

Or this:-
http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/getco ... YOR&sort=2

But it's hard work a little bit isn't it...

Cheers
Carl

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:24 pm
by Mike Creaney
I think that would prove to be very interesting to those playing in county
matches,Carl

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:12 am
by Carl Hibbard
Using the first type of lookup (ie. active) or the second (ie. possible) list?

What sort of criteria as well?

You hum it and I will....

Cheers
Carl

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:45 pm
by Joey Stewart
I heard a report that Warwickshire have won this event? Is this true or was it just that they have qualified for the next round?

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
by Mike Creaney
Joey,
Warwickshire have qualified for the national stages,next month
we 'oop north' in Cleveland ,hope to have an influence on the outcome.


Carl,
The first type (active) look up would be fine as it is, by me

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:49 pm
by Nigel Wright
Warwickshire knocked Nottinghamshire (my birth county) out of the U100's, so I'm praying that Derbyshire U125's (my current home county) do better than Warwickshire U125's!

Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:48 pm
by Mike Creaney
Congratulations to the Norfolk U-125 team,
who this afternoon defeated Cleveland 9-7,
and gave us two boards start as well.

well done

Re: U125 County Championship Results

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:33 pm
by Greg Breed
I thought of posting this in the other thread with games posted, but that was off topic. I also thought about starting a new thread where people could post their favourite games, or worst, or interesting or whatever. In the end I found this thread and as my game is a county match I thought this would be best place.

So here is my game against a 14 year old junior who had me quaking in my boots before I even sat down! 123 at 14 really means 140+ in adult terms so I sat down and tried to play a closed, boring position... but failed miserably. Happily the result wasn't so miserable. :)

[Event "SCCU U125"]
[Site "Middx v Sussex"]
[Date "29/11/2008"]
["Brd 3"]
[White "Greg Breed"]
[Black "Matthew Payne"]
[TimeControl "35/105+30"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteECF "120"]
[BlackECF "123"]

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.Nf3 d6 5.e4 O-O 6.Bd3 e5 7.dxe5 dxe5 8.Nxe5
Nxe4 9.Nxe4 Bxe5 10.O-O Nc6 11.a3 Qe7 12.Re1 Be6 13.Ng5 Bd7 14.Bf4 f6
15.Nf3 Rfe8 16.Nxe5 fxe5 17.Be4 Rad8 18.Qc1 Qc5 19.b4 Qd4 20.Bg5 Rc8
21.Ra2 Be6 22.Rc2 Rf8 23.Bf3 Qd7 24.Rd2 Nd4 25.Bxb7 Rb8 26.Be4 Qa4
27.Qc3 a5 28.Qg3 Bxc4 29.Qxe5 Ne6 30.Bd5 Bxd5 31.Qxd5 Rfe8 32.Rxe6 Rxe6
33.Qxe6+ Kg7 34.Bf6+ Kh6 35.Qh3# 1-0

Nice of him to let me mate him I thought. I wouldn't have. :P