Manager of British Championship

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
John Upham

Re: Manager of British Championship

Post by John Upham » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Andy Howie wrote:Mods are fast in here!
It was me!
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Andy Howie

Post by Andy Howie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:39 pm

I love Rammstein, my favourite Group.

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:07 pm

With regard to the Manager of Coaching queries,I can confirm I am holding the fort until Phil Ehr shortly appoints a successor. It is obviously taking him time to get accustomed to every aspect of the huge job that is Junior Director, so some small help is not out of place. We have chatted things over here in Brazil, agreed the time has come for change, hopefully to the benefit of all young players and we should all look forward to the future.

Alan Burke

Post by Alan Burke » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 am

Krishna Shiatis ... With regard to your post at 12.10pm on Wed 23 Nov; I am quite sure that if anyone has any comment regarding previous posts which they feel may affect them, they would be quite capable of answering for themselves without you attempting to become a ventriloquist and put words in their mouth. They might not always agree with what you say about them.

Carol Williams

Post by Carol Williams » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:29 am

"Krishna Shiatis ... With regard to your post at 12.10pm on Wed 23 Nov; I am quite sure that if anyone has any comment regarding previous posts which they feel may affect them, they would be quite capable of answering for themselves without you attempting to become a ventriloquist and put words in their mouth. They might not always agree with what you say about them."

Agree 100 per cent with Krishna as does the rest of the Williams family, in future please use Peter's name if you wish to refer to him. Peter may well make an account on here to make sure people get they facts right. For the record Mr Burke Peter has not played Junior chess for a very long time and I very much doubt he will play chess for the England junior team under the current selection process. In my opinion most of your comments toward Junior chess seem very negative. Also, it was a valid question we asked and Loz, David and Andrew have helpfully answered it.

Apologies Carl if this is going slightly off topic.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:43 am

Speaking (obvioulsy) as the power crazed arbiter moderator that I am, I would now like to draw a line under this.

Could all contributors please make sure that future posts in this thread have something to do with the Manager of the Bristish Championships. Many thanks. :-)

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:48 am

Sean Hewitt wrote:Speaking (obvioulsy) as the power crazed arbiter moderator that I am, I would now like to draw a line under this.
Cool, I can go back to my real job I as should not even be here anyway :)
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:50 am

Carol Williams wrote:Apologies Carl if this is going slightly off topic.
No problems, I continue to monitor closely even if I do not always agree with you
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:36 pm

In the most recent version of SGs blog on this matter use is made of the phrase
Was it fairy cakes.
Can anyone help me out here?

Is SG using the word "fairy" by accident/coincidence or it is meant to have some relevance to the subject under discussion?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D