An Open Letter to CJ De Mooi

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Alex McFarlane

Re: An Open Letter to CJ De Mooi

Post by Alex McFarlane » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 am

I have asked Andrew Farthing if he would suggest to CJ De Mooi to meet with me. I had hoped that a little Board pressure could swing things.

I am not allowed to tell you what his answer was. It appears that he will not tell you himself either.

As you can imagine I was not too happy that GM Short broke Board confidentiality in a matter relating to me, nor that he gave some more details about it in his acknowledgement. I felt and still feel that I was due an apology from the person concerned and indicated this to Andrew. He has very graciously allowed me to post the following:

"I agree that it would have been preferable for some words of apology to be offered, but in the spirit of the more positive tone evident on the forum thread in the last few hours I would ask you to accept Nigel's public acknowledgement of his error along with my apology on behalf of the Board as a whole that confidentiality was breached. As you know from our previous correspondence, I had no intention that your complaint should ever be made public by the ECF, and although what was posted did not reveal any details, I deeply regret that even the fact of its existence should have been revealed without your prior consent." - A Farthing

If I read this correctly, he is not going to ask Nigel to apologise for his error because you lot were too positive!! Shame on all of you. Let that be a lesson.

In fairness to Andrew the news of ECF V FIDE is probably dominating him at the moment.

I am considering making the nature of my complaint public as well as the Gunn Report on it but I will wait until you need a good laugh.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Alex McFarlane wrote:I am considering making the nature of my complaint public as well as the Gunn Report on it but I will wait until you need a good laugh.
Please do we need something to make us chuckle at the moment :roll:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alex McFarlane

Post by Alex McFarlane » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Andrew Farthing has informed me that the ECF Board will not be making a statement following the results of the PCC decision.

For those who erroneously thought the Board was waiting until after the report to make a statement Mr Farthing clarifies the matter. What was stated was that nothing would be said until the report was published. It was not intended to mean that a statement would be issued after that time. The ECF has nothing to add to its original statement.

I leave you to decide why my complaint was rejected as apparently I have missed some of the nuances of it.