Kasparov interview

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Roger de Coverly

Kasparov interview

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Mostly about Russian politics and Putin, but it does mention that he will be at the London Classic next week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... apone.html

Andrew Stone

Re: Kasparov interview

Post by Andrew Stone » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:15 pm

They need to be a bit careful about advertising this. I wonder if many people bought a ticket hoping to hear his commentary last year which did not materialise?

Simon Spivack

Post by Simon Spivack » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 am

It was in yesterday's print edition. Assuming the online version is the same, there isn't much there that hasn't been said before.

According to http://www.londonchessclassic.com/schedules.htm Kasparov will be signing copies of his most recent book.

Some of the side activities look inviting, although I'll probably be too exhausted to benefit. World Champion Vishy Anand and GM John Nunn will be giving a lecture on astronomy. An opportunity, perhaps, for our very own E to correct human misconceptions about other worlds.

Andrew Stone

Post by Andrew Stone » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:47 pm

I see that chess players get a discount to the "Dr Who Experience" taking place at Olympia 2. Is this some form of World Record attempt to see how many nerds can be put into one building?

Jon Mahony

Post by Jon Mahony » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Andrew Stone wrote:I see that chess players get a discount to the "Dr Who Experience" taking place at Olympia 2. Is this some form of World Record attempt to see how many nerds can be put into one building?
To be fair my lass loves DW - I don't think I'll quite be able to justify going to see the LCC just because of that though :lol:
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker