Page 1 of 1

Study-like position in one of my games today

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:44 pm
by IM Jack Rudd
This position arose in the 5th round game Rudd v Annetts in the Devon Team Blitz:



The game finished 1...Bxd5? 2.Nxd5+ Kd8 3.f7 Ke7 and I claimed the game on an illegal move.

But what should black have played?

Re: Study-like position in one of my games today

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:04 am
by Dan O'Dowd
I'll hazard a quick intuitive guess at 1...Rxe3 2. f7 Rf3+ 3. Kxf3 Bxd5+ 4. Kxx Bxf7

Re: Study-like position in one of my games today

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:04 am
by IM Jack Rudd
Dan O'Dowd wrote:I'll hazard a quick intuitive guess at 1...Rxe3 2. f7 Rf3+ 3. Kxf3 Bxd5+ 4. Kxx Bxf7
Your intuition serves you well.

Re: Study-like position in one of my games today

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm
by John Sargent
Oh wow, nice one Jack! 8)