New Concept in Chess

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
John McKenna

Re: New Concept in Chess

Post by John McKenna » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:38 am

Ed, come back all is forgiven. Jon B has endorsed Nexchess in another thread and, rumour has it, even the Staunton Society might discuss it over their next dinner. You are a cheval noir with a bit of renard rouge (pardon my pigeon Fr.) though I had to search out your alter ego D. Pedro... but I think I found your girls' set. You will be replacing the the 'N' with an 'S' when marketing it, presumably.

http://photo.net/photodb...

That's all folks.
Not quite - it came to me in dream that 'pigeon' is French for pigeon and the word I meant to use was pidgin but I didn't know the French for 'pidgin'. Anyway, sorry guys but I had to sabotage the link above to the glamourous set for fear of censure. You'll just have to search it out for yourselves if you're interested.

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:52 am

My suggestion to ask Garry Kasparov what he thought was serious. I think Garry's response would be most illuminating.

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:30 am

Kevin,
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS...
Not in this thread.
Sorry for shouting at an arbiter.
John Mc...

Stewart Reuben

Post by Stewart Reuben » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 pm

I don't like the king in the new pattern chess pieces being used in the Candidates. For children it is too similar in appearance to the queen. Why reinvent the wheel?