Chess Arbiters' Association AGM at 4NCL

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Lara Barnes

Chess Arbiters' Association AGM at 4NCL

Post by Lara Barnes » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Dear CAA Members and potential members - new members welcome!

After my survey of members the consensus/majority was that the AGM will be in the morning of the Sunday of the last 4NCL weekend, Sunday 5th May 10.30 - 12.30 at Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicester. The meeting may go on beyond this but obviously some members will have team and control duties thereafter.

Agenda items to be confirmed including voting for Secretary - nominations: Alan Ruffle, Cyril Johnson

Wilf Arnold has requested to be replaced as treasurer so if anyone would like to stand let me know.

Special Agenda Items: New ECF Arbiter Regulations, Licensing of Arbiters with FIDE, The New Laws + others to be circulated before the end of April please

Please send any items for the agenda to myself in the 1st instance.

Lara Barnes
Chairman, CAA

[email protected]

Sean Hewitt

Re: Chess Arbiters' Association AGM at 4NCL

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Lara,

The link to the CAA website in your signature does not appear to work. Can you let me have the URL please?

Thanks

Sean

Ben Purton

Post by Ben Purton » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:32 pm

I mean this in the nicest way as I have a great respect for what the arbiters do for British chess and this seems like a good proactive thing.

But was this the most sensible thing to schedule at a 4NCL weekend given the previous problems with room bookings at this hotel.
I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night - Bill Hicks
I would die happy if I beat Wood Green in the Eastman Cup final - Richmond LL captain.
Hating the Yankees since 2002. Hating the Jets since 2001.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 pm

How does someone join the CAA?

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Thu May 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:How does someone join the CAA?
... and at least as importantly, what are the benefits of being a member? Have they improved from what they were between September 2009 and September 2010, when, in me experience, there were no benefits at all to being a member?

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Thu May 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Can someone append to the agenda a list of vacancies for ECF positions? And as inducement, the number of proxies available to incumbents?

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Thu May 02, 2013 11:59 pm

David Robertson wrote:Can someone append to the agenda a list of vacancies for ECF positions? And as inducement, the number of proxies available to incumbents?
:D

The vacant posts of "Chief Executive" and "Director of Membership and Marketing" each entitle their holder to one vote at Board meetings and one vote at Council meetings. Thrilling stuff.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri May 03, 2013 12:40 am

David Robertson wrote:Can someone append to the agenda a list of vacancies for ECF positions? And as inducement, the number of proxies available to incumbents?
Having an ECF position below Director level gives no additional votes. The way to do it, if you are a disgruntled former officer, is to become a Representative Member or two, and you can then raise issues at ECF Council meetings even if the Directors don't want to discuss them.