My Story

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Paul Dupré

Re: My Story

Post by Paul Dupré » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:22 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Sabrina Chevannes wrote:I would just like to say, Carl, that I find it unfair that you have moderated my post and everyone who says we should hear the other side of the story.
Nonsense, I removed one rather personal comment (less than a sentence) that was really not needed and had no effect on the points you were trying to make
Why do you have to remove anything, censorship is disgusting!!!!

Let everybody see the truth, stop trying prove your self worth.

One reason I don't waste my time on here is the fact that you're NOT allowed to tell the truth.
Any postings on here represent the truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God,
...and by the way the world is flat.

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:40 am

But Carl is not to know the truth or otherwise of the various matters Sabrina refers to, and I can understand his not wanting his own site, which he himself pays for, being dragged into legal proceedings. He allows quite a lot as it is.

PeterTurland

Post by PeterTurland » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:53 am

Jonathan Rogers wrote:But Carl is not to know the truth or otherwise of the various matters Sabrina refers to, and I can understand his not wanting his own site, which he himself pays for, being dragged into legal proceedings. He allows quite a lot as it is.
Here here, he who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Paul Dupré

Post by Paul Dupré » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Who gave Carl permission to lasso the chess playing community on to his site.

I thought it was paid for by the ECF. I thought Carl was a paid employee of the ECF.
Any postings on here represent the truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God,

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Paul Dupré wrote: I thought it was paid for by the ECF. I thought Carl was a paid employee of the ECF.
At one time it was a supposedly official site although never paid for by the ECF. For a while it ran in parallel with the definitively non-ECF atticus site. The ECF Council on the proposal of the ECF Directors voted to cut all links. Why did they do this? Then, as now, too many embarrassing questions.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Paul Dupré wrote:Who gave Carl permission to lasso the chess playing community on to his site.

I thought it was paid for by the ECF. I thought Carl was a paid employee of the ECF.
It was originally an official ECF Forum. When a Council meeting moved to sever all links, it became an unofficial privately-operated forum, but the posters didn't stop posting.

Andrew Zigmond

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Paul Dupré wrote:Who gave Carl permission to lasso the chess playing community on to his site.

This was once an official ECF forum but the ECF severed the connection a few years ago. A few ECF officials still post on here but the forum has no official standing; indeed it's viewed by many as a thorn in the ECF's side and a disgrace to English chess.

Carl is certainly NOT a paid employee. With the exception of the administrative staff in Battle the ECF pays nobody to do anything.

I appear to be third out of the traps here ..
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:08 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:

It was originally an official ECF Forum. When a Council meeting moved to sever all links, it became an unofficial privately-operated forum, but the posters didn't stop posting.
It has always been my site the ECF never really had a say
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Andrew Zigmond wrote: With the exception of the administrative staff in Battle the ECF pays nobody to do anything.
There are additional exceptions. These persons each receive an honorarium.

See honorarium

edit: This list has been included in the accounts "since the 1990s."
Last edited by John Upham on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Paul Dupré

Post by Paul Dupré » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
IM Jack Rudd wrote:

It has always been my site the ECF never really had a say
So, to make it clear the ECF have never paid you a penny to run the ECF database website.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Paul Dupré wrote:So, to make it clear the ECF have never paid you a penny to run the ECF database website.
I have never received (or asked for..) payment from the ECF for any service I provide.

I hosted the grading site and it's software for several years but no longer, however I do still provide a server for a lot of the live game hosting also without charge.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:29 pm

John Upham wrote:
Andrew Zigmond wrote: With the exception of the administrative staff in Battle the ECF pays nobody to do anything.
There are additional exceptions. These persons each receive an honorarium.

See honorarium

I believe that this list is secret.
If you look at http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-conte ... final2.pdf and refer to Note 9 on Page 11, you'll be able to disabuse yourself of that belief.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:35 pm

David Sedgwick wrote: If you look at http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-conte ... final2.pdf and refer to Note 9 on Page 11, you'll be able to disabuse yourself of that belief.
David,

Many thanks for pointing that out. Has this list always been made public?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

John Philpott

Post by John Philpott » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:43 pm

John Upham wrote
This information has been included in the BCF/ECF accounts at least since the late 1990s.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:52 pm

John Philpott wrote:John Upham wrote
This information has been included in the BCF/ECF accounts at least since the late 1990s.
I think it would be fair to say that prior to 2005 the information would only have been available to members of the BCF Council.