My Story

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
User avatar
Peter D Williams
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: My Story

Post by Peter D Williams » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:48 am

Louise Sinclair wrote: In Britain there IS NO PLACE FOR FEMALE PLAYERS WHO DO NOT KNOW THEIR PLACE and stick to a lowly status
Louise
Tournament Director
North Circular Chess
Morning All :D

I think that statement could also apply to men as well with some from the ECF.

Give it a year or two and your be told off for mentioning Sabrina story by many from the ECF as after a certain period of time you must forgot what happened.One way to resolve complaints i guess. :wink:
when you are successful many losers bark at you.

Louise Sinclair
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am
Location: London

Re: My Story

Post by Louise Sinclair » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 am

Peter D Williams wrote:
Louise Sinclair wrote: In Britain there IS NO PLACE FOR FEMALE PLAYERS WHO DO NOT KNOW THEIR PLACE and stick to a lowly status
Louise
Tournament Director
North Circular Chess
Morning All :D

I think that statement could also apply to men as well with some from the ECF.

Give it a year or two and your be told off for mentioning Sabrina story by many from the ECF as after a certain period of time you must forgot what happened.One way to resolve complaints i guess. :wink:
Peter
I couldn't have summed it up better myself
Louise
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Andrew Zigmond
Posts: 1751
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Harrogate

Re: My Story

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:55 am

I would say that we do need to hear both sides of the story here before making judgements. I'm NOT saying Sabrina is wrong and I'm sure that there's plenty of things that could and should have been done differently and questions need to be asked but both T shirt-gate and Mureck should have taught us all about hasty over-reaction.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 5828
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: My Story

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Andrew Zigmond wrote:I would say that we do need to hear both sides of the story here before making judgements.
For that reason alone some moderation was made to the initial post
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Andrew Zigmond
Posts: 1751
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Harrogate

Re: My Story

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Peter D Williams wrote:
Louise Sinclair wrote: In Britain there IS NO PLACE FOR FEMALE PLAYERS WHO DO NOT KNOW THEIR PLACE and stick to a lowly status
Louise
Tournament Director
North Circular Chess
Morning All :D

I think that statement could also apply to men as well with some from the ECF.

Give it a year or two and your be told off for mentioning Sabrina story by many from the ECF as after a certain period of time you must forgot what happened.One way to resolve complaints i guess. :wink:
With respect Peter a time comes with everything when we need to look forward, not back (how many times in the ECF vs YCA threads did I get twenty year old disputes thrown back at me). And the individual you (rightly) have an axe to grind with is a) no longer an ECF official and b) when his fall came it was suitably messy.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own

User avatar
Peter D Williams
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: My Story

Post by Peter D Williams » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Andrew Zigmond wrote:
With respect Peter a time comes with everything when we need to look forward, not back (how many times in the ECF vs YCA threads did I get twenty year old disputes thrown back at me). And the individual you (rightly) have an axe to grind with is a) no longer an ECF official and b) when his fall came it was suitably messy.
You can not move forward until complaints are resolved leaving issues to fester only makes matter worse that is the ECF way hope it all go away :wink: Or the other standard answer is the ECF individual has gone its nothing to do with me.

Complaints should be fully investigated not brushed under the carpet.

That is it for me on here its Friday afternoon. i be back next week.
when you are successful many losers bark at you.

User avatar
John Clarke
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: My Story

Post by John Clarke » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:14 pm

John Hodgson wrote:
Louise Sinclair wrote: In Britain there IS NO PLACE FOR FEMALE PLAYERS WHO DO NOT KNOW THEIR PLACE and stick to a lowly status - success and endeavour is kicked in the teeth when women and young people attempt something new and fresh - the old boy network doesn't care for it.
Nor in Australian politics.

I'm still fuming over the way Julia Gillard was treated. I won't bore everyone with my thoughts on Kevin Rudd.
With you all the way on this one, John. Bunch of primitives, those Ockers. Some of the bile I've seen spilled about Ms Gillard on the web - always anonymously, of course - simply passes belief. (Well, actually it doesn't, knowing the unreconstructed male mind as I do, but you know what I mean.)

I think I'll wait a little longer before posting my thoughts - potentially incendiary - about the main topic on this thread.
"The chess-board is the world ..... the player on the other side is hidden from us ..... he never overlooks a mistake, or makes the smallest allowance for ignorance."
(He doesn't let you resign and start again, either.)

Paul McKeown
Posts: 3427
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Hayes (Middx)
Contact:

Re: My Story

Post by Paul McKeown » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Post deleted - as post moderated so that it appeared to say something I didn't.
Last edited by Paul McKeown on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Louise Sinclair
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am
Location: London

Re: My Story

Post by Louise Sinclair » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:04 pm

John Clarke wrote:
John Hodgson wrote:
Louise Sinclair wrote: In Britain there IS NO PLACE FOR FEMALE PLAYERS WHO DO NOT KNOW THEIR PLACE and stick to a lowly status - success and endeavour is kicked in the teeth when women and young people attempt something new and fresh - the old boy network doesn't care for it.
Nor in Australian politics.

I'm still fuming over the way Julia Gillard was treated. I won't bore everyone with my thoughts on Kevin Rudd.
With you all the way on this one, John. Bunch of primitives, those Ockers. Some of the bile I've seen spilled about Ms Gillard on the web - always anonymously, of course - simply passes belief. (Well, actually it doesn't, knowing the unreconstructed male mind as I do, but you know what I mean.)

I think I'll wait a little longer before posting my thoughts - potentially incendiary - about the main topic on this thread.
Do you honestly think The British are better. The outbursts greeting the death of Margaret Thatcher were disgustingly sexist with terms like witch being bandied freely. This ofcourse was also directed at Julia Gillard and Hilary Clinton got her share when she refused to "bake cookies"
As for moving on - people are always told to forget wrong doing or injustice and wait for the next incident. These things are never tackled at source so history just repeats itself with new faces.
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Andrew Camp
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Colwyn Bay

Re: My Story

Post by Andrew Camp » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Louise Sinclair wrote:Sabrina
You and I crossed swords a couple of years ago because I disapprove of "wimmins chess" however reading your account fills me with disgust and a sense of de ja vu. Clearly nothing has changed within the great British chess circuit. I dropped out of active chess because I could no longer trust myself not to respond with a serious assault on some of my tormenters. Poker has a far friendlier attitude.
In Britainthere IS NO PLACE FOR FEMALE PLAYERS WHO DO NOT KNOW THEIR PLACE and stick to a lowly status - success and endeavour is kicked in the teeth when women and young people attempt something new and fresh - the old boy network doesn't care for it.
To show you my sympathy I wish to offer you a free entry to the next Sam Black Blitz in 2014 - pm me if you are interested - very friendly and no bullying allowed. Don't get depressed - get mad and get even.
Louise
Tournament Director
North Circular Chess
Please replace the highlighted words with 'English' and 'England'.

Thank you.
Chairman of North Wales Junior Chess Association
northwaleschess@aol.com

Louise Sinclair
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am
Location: London

Re: My Story

Post by Louise Sinclair » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Okay Andrew
Appreciate I cannot speak for Wales - maybe I should ask my sister who lives in Pembrokeshire lol
Louise
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Andrew Camp
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Colwyn Bay

Re: My Story

Post by Andrew Camp » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 pm

:)
Chairman of North Wales Junior Chess Association
northwaleschess@aol.com

Jonathan Rogers
Posts: 4043
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Re: My Story

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Louise Sinclair wrote:Okay Andrew
Appreciate I cannot speak for Wales - maybe I should ask my sister who lives in Pembrokeshire lol
Louise
Why are you so sure that you can even speak for England? :shock:

Louise Sinclair
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am
Location: London

Re: My Story

Post by Louise Sinclair » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Jonathan Rogers wrote:
Louise Sinclair wrote:Okay Andrew
Appreciate I cannot speak for Wales - maybe I should ask my sister who lives in Pembrokeshire lol
Louise
Why are you so sure that you can even speak for England? :shock:
Presumably since I have lived here since birth I can speak as I find this country :evil:
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Louise Sinclair
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am
Location: London

Re: My Story

Post by Louise Sinclair » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Louise Sinclair wrote:
Jonathan Rogers wrote:
Louise Sinclair wrote:Okay Andrew
Appreciate I cannot speak for Wales - maybe I should ask my sister who lives in Pembrokeshire lol
Louise
Why are you so sure that you can even speak for England? :shock:
Presumably since I have lived here since birth I can speak from experience of this country :evil:
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Post Reply